Friday - NO! Gigday - ConnectVierOrchestra - Damien Fröst - the Ba$eball Fury (1 Viewer)

andy

Since 1999
Website
www.sessionmusician.com
its on in the four seasons

it costs 3 pounds

the four seasons is at the top of capel street and is supposidly part of hell.

it starts around 9

the connect four orchestra - wont have moogs apparantly. only guitars. yeah guitars!

damien frost - tell them who you think they sound like - get a punch in the face!

the baseball fury - screw the dean.

andy

ps - screw the dean

hmmm the sweet smell of unoriginality..im presuming
you boys know there is already a band called the baseball furies?
go to bigneckrecords.com for more info..

no shit, peter falk.

i'll give you seven beaumonts if you can correctly identify where *both* names come from.

hey, you know there's a book called the redneck manifesto, a confectionary item called the jimmy cake, an artist called damien frost, a board game called connect 4, a fictional disney named bambi, a band called superchunk, etc etc etc etc etc etc

give it up, chunkster (if that is your real name), you're out of your league.

i think the other band is actually called "Baseball Furies"
i've never heard them - but saw them on google - google is fantastic isnt it?
it makes us all sound so SMRT all the time.....

theres a boyband called Christs Fat Cock who are trying to sue us too.
i just cant remember why.

that being said, how deciding to name yourself something and then finding out theres already a band called that, and thus modifying the name you chose can be deemed "unoriginal" is beyond me.

andy

ps - the champs changed their name from the champ to the c4am95 and then to the fucking champs because of a band called The Champs who already eggsisted! maybe you shoudl tell them what you think of them.

pps - screw the dean

baseball fury (30 Mar, 2001 11:37 a.m.):
no shit, peter falk.

a confectionary item called the jimmy cake,

There's also a urinal cake called a Jimmy Cake. Luckily the confectionary and the anti-piss cube were both named after us so we escape The Wrath of Chunk. Also, we invented the concepts of melody, harmony, public performance and death by asphyxiation.

PS Nancy Drew the Screen

also, before i forget, "herv" refers to the mechanical shovel on the front (or rear) of a jcb. you wont find it in any dictionary though. ah, coined childhood words. fond memories.

ok, anybody who reads this message board frequently will notice the ongoing bitching about certain people, ie:damien connell, andy fogarty(from the satan clause days to the present) and from time to time 'the kids' and their practices. now, puttintg 2 and 2 together can only lead us to the conclusion that this bitching is being done by a core group of people(i won't name names).
now this very petty person 'superchunk' has posted about the unoriginality of the baseball fury.... correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't posting the same old shite about the same people over and over and over again the epitome of unoriginality???
why don't you give it up? nobody cares about what you have to say, as has been proved both in the past and now by the responses to your really quite pathetic posts. the baseball fury are playing gigs for people who pay to see them, the kids are putting on gigs for people who want to see bands they wouldn't otherwise see. people respect the hard work and effort that goes into these activities, not 'anonymous' postings of complete shit by smart arses on message boards.

and before i'm accused of trying to protect my anonynimity, my name is deirdre kirwan.
i live at 10 glendown grove, templeogue, dublin 6w. my email address is [email protected] and i'm 19 years old....

Vinnie (30 Mar, 2001 02:51 p.m.):
Is your brother called damien?

Oops. That wasn't meant to come across smart arsed or weird. It was a genuine albeit superfluous question. That's just for the record. My agent has advised me against coming across smart arsed or weird for the moment.

When I was nineteen I too was concerned with intangibles like "truth".
Then I discovered it was all bollocks.
Your personal details make you oh so very dull, Deirdre, and in no way more "real".
"tabbycat" has potential. Work on it.
Be anyone, not someone.
Be Luther Blissett.

Mystery, hypocrisy and the collective unconscious is what makes the world go round.
That and gravity.

Vin, you're sick.

Friday - NO! Gigday - ConnectVierOrchestra - Damien Fröst -the Ba$eball Fury

baseball fury (30 Mar, 2001 11:37 a.m.):
no shit, peter falk.

i'll give you seven beaumonts if you can correctly identify where *both* names come from.

hey, you know there's a book called the redneck manifesto, a confectionary item called the jimmy cake, an artist called damien frost, a board game called connect 4, a fictional disney named bambi, a band called superchunk, etc etc etc etc etc etc

that was the one sure thing bout comin up w/ our name.
hackneyed as it may seem, we were pretty sure there's no other coldspoon conspiracy.

unless all the erection-suppressing nurses in the world gathered together and formed one.
doubtless they'd be better than us...

here that coldspoon thing ain't that original.
back in the day one of my mates heard that story and told his girlfriend. So she, being the mad yoke she was, decided one day whilst they were getting it on to try it out.
The only thing I didn't understand was:
What was he doing with his lad out in the kitchen?
And what did they do with the spoon afterward?

For those of you who don't know the spoons are called after this story they heard where in hospitals if a patient gets an erection they bang it on the top with a spoon.

PS my friend said it worked.

Vinny: no my brother is not called damien, he's called paul.

Kreeor: that comment i made was for specific people, they know who they are.
you may have, in your extra years, discovered that the truth is bollocks, but my age does not necessarilly reflect my life experiences or my abilities to decide what i think is bollocks and what isn't.
if my personal details bore you i'm very sorry, i'll try harder next time to jazz them up a bit, just for you...do you think that maybe some exclamation marks would help? or perhaps a few inverted commas?(note the dry humor).

and mr. rats, you don't get the 7 beaumonts: you have been penalised for using profanities.

Stephen (31 Mar, 2001 11:16 a.m.):
here that coldspoon thing ain't that original.
back in the day one of my mates heard that story and told his girlfriend. So she, being the mad yoke she was, decided one day whilst they were getting it on to try it out.
The only thing I didn't understand was:
What was he doing with his lad out in the kitchen?
And what did they do with the spoon afterward?

For those of you who don't know the spoons are called after this story they heard where in hospitals if a patient gets an erection they bang it on the top with a spoon.

PS my friend said it worked.

yeah, someone was tellin me their football manager used to bring a spoon to every match to bop them potentially troublesome bad-boys on the head, y'know, in case they got in the way.

Superchunk you devious bastard!

You'll never get away with this crazy stunt of yours...

I HAD THE PICTURE OF CHUNK FIRST!! *snuffle*...

Why I Oughta...

Keeror (30 Mar, 2001 06:09 p.m.):
... is what makes the world go round.
That and gravity.

Gravity has nothing to do with it. Angular momentum is what makes the world go round.

Pretty much any sudden impact on your mickey makes an erection go away. If only I had known when I was a teenager

1. people who number their points need to relax.

2. jokes which need explaining aren't worth telling or explaining or telling.

3. a bit of a sum:
a:redneckmanifesto = a book.
b: jimmycake = bog accessory.
c: baseball furies = band name.
d: the baseball fury = band name.
=> c = d
do you understand that now luvy?

as you pointed out yourself,

the baseball furies => gang of bat weilding clowns in 1979 walter hill film The Warriors.
just so happens that two bands had the same idea for a name, one found out about the other and altered theirs accordingly.

how about this for a sum:

a) you: pedantic, meaningless shit-talker
b) dickhead: you

watch out for the tricky calculus bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back