FREE GigSmart gig (1 Viewer)

James_sb

GigSmart Acoustic sessions

With free admission!
A competition won on crowd reaction!
And the best acoustic music Ireland has to offer!!

This is an atmosphere and a night not to be missed.

Held in MB Slatterys of Rathmines·Serprico, ·Susan Scully, ·The Eclectic and ·Vasco Junior will play it out, to try for choice slots in upcoming college gigs.

Wednesday 29th June. Starts at 8pm. Don’t miss a beat, every clap counts!

june29.jpg

For more information, future gigs, and a map to the venue visit the temporary GigSmart Acoustic website at www.gigsmartacoustic.tk The new site when launched will be on www.gigsmartireland.com/acoustic

Contact details for artists wishing to play a Gigsmart Acoustic Night are included on the website.

Stay away from that one, s/he who scores 10 on the clapometer

Ha ha, Nice one.
Yeah, it's just up to me as who seems to get the crowd behind them more. Ah, ya know yourself.

but people en masse usually add up to one giant spastic - why would you even bother taking their opinion seriously?

If you slap your thighs you can double your clap. That's why i believe the laughometer to be infinitely superior as a measurement device.

Whoever has the least left you mean.. no?

The clapping thing is really a measure of who brought the most people. I've thought about this a bit now. It's only really a tactic to try get the band to activly promote the gig themselves. On the night, my judgement of clapping wont be defined on who claps with both their hands and their knees, though it may be loud and raucous. It will be a measure of who brought most back into the gig, attendance wise. Thought i realise this is only one way a band can contribute to a gig they play, and I realise that people may think other way are much more important (i.e. musicianship), this is a way that serves an immediate purpose. The sustainment of these gigs. Without that, I'd have nothing to build on anyway and so now hopefully you understand my recourse to this seemingly fallable method of choosing a winner.

As for being corruptable, I can't be bribed, but I will choose the band I believe most deserving regardless of other peoples opinions, though these may form the basis for my belief. Is that good enough? I should hope so, I can't be anything else.

That's this Wednesday guys. Jot it down.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
If you slap your thighs you can double your clap. That's why i believe the laughometer to be infinitely superior as a measurement device.

What if your one of those people who laugh so hard that they fart as well? Would this not compromise the statistical legitemacy of a laughometer?

James_sb said:
Whoever has the least left you mean.. no?

The clapping thing is really a measure of who brought the most people. I've thought about this a bit now. It's only really a tactic to try get the band to activly promote the gig themselves. On the night, my judgement of clapping wont be defined on who claps with both their hands and their knees, though it may be loud and raucous. It will be a measure of who brought most back into the gig, attendance wise. Thought i realise this is only one way a band can contribute to a gig they play, and I realise that people may think other way are much more important (i.e. musicianship), this is a way that serves an immediate purpose. The sustainment of these gigs. Without that, I'd have nothing to build on anyway and so now hopefully you understand my recourse to this seemingly fallable method of choosing a winner.

As for being corruptable, I can't be bribed, but I will choose the band I believe most deserving regardless of other peoples opinions, though these may form the basis for my belief. Is that good enough? I should hope so, I can't be anything else.

That's this Wednesday guys. Jot it down.

Another sound and not at all retarded policy from the guys who put the Smart into Gig Smart. I'm jotting my heart out believe me.

gigstupid.jpg
(c) MONDOBRUTALE

"Held in MB Slatterys of Rathmines·Serprico, ·Susan Scully, ·The Eclectic and ·Vasco Junior will play it out, to try for choice slots in upcoming college gigs."

It's all in the original post.

Policy? Who mentioned policy? It's is sound. Atendance can clearly be counted.

Eoddy Gorilla said:
Why do you only come out at night?

Here, do you really look like the girl in your avatar. Coz I might fancy you if you do...

...is what most crazy people, who come out at night, might say. Nope, instead Mr _sb promotes gigs. Back to dirty raincoat school with you mister!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back