Freaky shite.. (1 Viewer)

vinnie, there's a fantastic documentary called 'ghostbusters' that i think you should see

superb.

The Giant Marshmallow Man was discredited as a fake only last week. And if they were lying about that then who knows what else they are lying about?

No thank you. I'll stick with God. He's no ghost.

ghost_and_mrs_muir.jpg

I used to love this show when I was a kid!

I really dont know, I thought that whole deving thing was true enough. The one with the water and the lime tree branch.

But that maybe because im a dirty bogger.

I really dont know, I thought that whole deving thing was true enough. The one with the water and the lime tree branch.

But that maybe because im a dirty bogger.

Devining, or dowsing? Yeah, that is true. I can do it, so can my sis and my Dad. It runs in families... but it's got something to do with sensitivity to magnetic energy or something like that. We only found out when we had some blocked drainage pipes in a drained field that was turning back into bog and Dad suggested that we see if any of us could do it and find the blockages (his uncle was able to do it) so we all had a go... and found all the blockages... no more bog. It was a bit weird, because we didn't think we would be able to, but we tried because if we could it would save a fortune, and a lot of time, digging up the whole place trying to find the pipes and blockages.

You could win yourself 1 million dollars courtesy of James Randi. http://www.randi.org/library/dowsing/index.html

Dowsing is bollix too. It's nigh on impossible anywhere in Ireland to find a spot that water doesn't lie under at some level. If you actually think you can dowse, properly no messing you should do the Randi Challenge and net yourself $1,000,000 . (I want half).

Also -> http://www.skepdic.com/dowsing.html

Cool!

Well, duh, but we weren't trying to find water, looking for water in a bog would be a bit daft. We were finding blockages in pipes. So, what we were actually looking for was an absence of water in parts of a bog. Digging down to where we 'found' blockages the pipe was always blocked and when we had finished with the blockages we discovered the bog drained properly and returned once more to usable pasture so we must have got all of them.

Well, duh, but we weren't trying to find water, looking for water in a bog would be a bit daft. We were finding blockages in pipes. So, what we were actually looking for was an absence of water in parts of a bog.

So, is your talent/special power confined to finding blockages in pipes in bogs or could you find leaks in pipes? Water in a desert?

Seriously if you think you can do something like this, that science says you can't do (other than by chance) then go and make the million squid.
PS sorry for going on about it last night. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back