FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD (1 Viewer)

can i live in your house?

how good are you at painting woodwork?

do you ever use cocnut cream? the hard blocks that you add hot water to?

i haven't tried it - i know my former flatmate did once when she couldn't get the liquidy tinned stuff for a curry and i think she said it was ok.

of course, according to the thai cookbook i have, we should all be grating/pressing our own coconuts using dedicated coconut preparation implements and not debasing a magnificent national cuisine with preprepared muck. of course.

i haven't tried it - i know my former flatmate did once when she couldn't get the liquidy tinned stuff for a curry and i think she said it was ok.

i started using it because it was cheaper/less packaging etc.

I put half the block in a bowl of hot water when i'm preparing veg. give it a quick stir and that's it.

I'm just not able to tell the difference in quality..

I made a strange dinner tonight. It was very nice though, modified from a Blazing Salads recipe because I didn't have all the ingredients.

Carrots, leeks, butternut squash cooked together and mixed in a sauce of onion, flour, water, tahini and soy sauce - weird! Then topped it with porridge flakes (was supposed to use 'organic rolled oats' pfft), sunflower and pumpkin seeds and baked in the oven.

Should have been served with a salad maybe for a bit of crispiness. Never eaten butternut squash before, twas lovely. Have another load in the fridge for the weekend.

Am really enjoying doing a big cooking day. It's hard work but great to have loads of home made stuff in the freezer.

although I sem to be compensating for the healthy food by eating a fuck load of biscuits and mars ice cream bars :(

That sounds really tasty. My revulsion of cooked root vegetables is being slowly eroded by lots of really good experiences with squashes and carrots. I might try this yoke. It sounds a bit liquidy. Is it? Does shit stay perched on top of it for baking?

That sounds really tasty. My revulsion of cooked root vegetables is being slowly eroded by lots of really good experiences with squashes and carrots. I might try this yoke. It sounds a bit liquidy. Is it? Does shit stay perched on top of it for baking?

Not liquidy at all, a bit sticky in fact, probably from the tahini. It fell apart a bit after baking. I'd recommend it with a crisp salad, we just had it on it's own and it was a bit stodgy.

Butternut squash is the king of vegetables. It's amazing when you roast it with sweet potatoes and you can't tell which one is which til you bite.

Grilled aubergine and asparagus is my latest buzz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back