Fighting The Homosexual agenda (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 78
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 4
Alright..

I just asked Bernard ("oh shit" on Thumped) if he was gay. And then he said he wasn't. It was a straightforward question.

oh shit said:
i'm not, but some of my best friends are, and they have to put up with a lot of shit from supposedly 'right on' people.

zita, if you print tshirts i'll take two, thanks :)

i'll take one, but only if it matches my new shoes.

photon said:
I agree 100% with him here, actually. Maybe I'm just being oversensitive and ultra-PC here, but it really irritates me when people use "gay" this way. There's a latent homophobia at work there, in my opinion.

one gay girl i know was so sick of newly-out-of-the-closet people making a drama out of "being gay" that she and her friends used to mock them mercilessly. they'd turn around to eachother and shout "oh my gawd, i think i'm gay!" in really hysterical voices. it was very very very funny.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Yeah, i agree. To be honest, recent conversations on things like refugees with people who i always thought were intellight and informed have stopped me using gay and also from laughing at casual racism. I always thought it was, eh, irionic or something, but i realise now that some people take it at face value, and so what if you look like a po faced git in the process, at least you're a po faced git with morals.

I do however reserve the right to joke about aids coming in several categories, such as straight aids, gay aids and african aids, as it's so over the top nobody could take offence except the most moronic of PC fucks.

because making a point of joking about something which is killing off huge amounts of the worlds population is more tolerable than joking about something as ultimately inconsequential as a single persons sexuality....yer morality seems a little skewed, man.

one word is really fucking hate to hear thrown about is "faggot". that is a word used to harm, it should not be casually thrown around like its some playful insult. to those who do use it, i would ask if you would use the word "nigger" so easily. because for me, its on about an equal level of offensiveness. really fucking bothers me.

also, regarding people who use homophobic / racist / sexist humour because it demonstrates how stupid and laughable those attitudes are... you can only get away with it if you use wit, comedy and intelligence. they should just bear in mind that they may not be quite as funny or smart with words as Brass Eye.

Brian Conniffe said:
one word is really fucking hate to hear thrown about is "faggot". that is a word used to harm, it should not be casually thrown around like its some playful insult. to those who do use it, i would ask if you would use the word "nigger" so easily. because for me, its on about an equal level of offensiveness. really fucking bothers me.

also, regarding people who use homophobic / racist / sexist humour because it demonstrates how stupid and laughable those attitudes are... you can only get away with it if you use wit, comedy and intelligence. they should just bear in mind that they may not be quite as funny or smart with words as Brass Eye.

what he said

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Yeah, i agree. To be honest, recent conversations on things like refugees with people who i always thought were intellight and informed have stopped me using gay and also from laughing at casual racism. I always thought it was, eh, irionic or something, but i realise now that some people take it at face value, and so what if you look like a po faced git in the process, at least you're a po faced git with morals.

I do however reserve the right to joke about aids coming in several categories, such as straight aids, gay aids and african aids, as it's so over the top nobody could take offence except the most moronic of PC fucks.

What are you talking about?

Racism is the funiest thing ever.

Nothing is better than just randomly and quite casually coming out with a few choice mock-racist comments, talkin' sbout jewish conspiracies or how all arabs are terrorists and wife beaters.

Mostly because racism is really laughable and yet most people take it so seriously when it actually deserves to be laughed at; case in point -
"Kinky Friedman & The Texas Jewboys". Hilarious.

snowt said:

Nothing is better than just randomly and quite casually coming out with a few choice mock-racist comments, talkin' sbout jewish conspiracies or how all arabs are terrorists and wife beaters.

Mostly because racism is really laughable and yet most people take it so seriously when it actually deserves to be laughed at; case in point -

Case in point- when a group of drunken young men start hassling the Chinese lounge girl in the pub, but they're onny buzzin with 'ur shure, she can take a bleedin joke.

Zita said:
Case in point- when a group of drunken young men start hassling the Chinese lounge girl in the pub, but they're onny buzzin with 'ur shure, she can take a bleedin joke.

That's not what I meant dick-head, obviously that is wrong but there is also a level of humour to anyone who believes that another race is inferior simply by virtue of the fact that they're a member of another race; That is laughable and parodying those people's stupidity is quite funny, I think.

But why did you say "Drunken Young Men"? Sober Old Women can be racist too.

snowt said:

Racism is the funniest thing ever? yeah that child abuse are right up there for day to day comedy value.

Brian Conniffe said:
they should just bear in mind that they may not be quite as funny or smart with words as Brass Eye.

!baggyyyy

cock smuggler is one of my favourite eupemisms for gay.

this is not meant in a homophobic sense, or to poke fun at overly-anal pc types.

it's just good old fashioned toilet humour.

i think context is everything. amongst friends, or a group of people who are familiar, this stuff can be done with an ironic wink and a nod. i have some gay friends who readily engage in this kind of banter. however, the same thing coming from a random angry bloke on the street,(possibly wearing a celtic jersey and carrrying a can of cider is a different matter). in fact, i've sometimes been at the receiving end of this kind of thing myself, and i'm straight). something hillarius happened to myself and a friend of mine in the toilets in the international. a really drunk oul fella came up to us and started telling us how he had no problem with faggots, like. each to their own an' all. we're both straight. bizzare.

it's not the words that are offensive, so much as the intention. although faggot and nigger are two that boil my blood, agreed.

Zita said:
When I worked in Birmingham the IRA went mad planting bombs at one stage and the people in work every day would say "Did you plant any bombs on the way into work HAHAHAHA". I knew they didn't really mean any harm by it, but ... well there's no way they could have thought it was actually funny (even if it had been funny in the first place, it would have lost its humour after a couple of days), so why keep saying it? Left a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm sure English people here have similar experiences

Latex lizzie said:
Racism is the funniest thing ever? yeah that child abuse are right up there for day to day comedy value.

Case in point - Brass Eye.

Although to be fair, I don't see the link between Child Abuse and Racism, other than that they're both bad.

You could have just as easily said;

Terrorism
Littering
War
Drug Pushing
Pissing in public or else onto the toilet seat
Talking through movies
Talking with your mouth full
Being cheeky to your mother
Not doing your homework

Etc Etc Etc Ad infinitum

snowt said:
Case in point - Brass Eye.

Although to be fair, I don't see the link between Child Abuse and Racism, other than that they're both bad.

You could have just as easily said;

Terrorism
Littering
War
Drug Pushing
Pissing in public or else onto the toilet seat
Talking through movies
Talking with your mouth full
Being cheeky to your mother
Not doing your homework

Etc Etc Etc Ad infinitum
Primary school didn't last long enough for you obviously.Personally I find when people start off by letting the little things go we create a culture where we are happy to see others degraded. Makes it harder to see when someone is taking offence.."ah we were only having a laugh, get a sense of humour etc" read eggs post. It's a good one. Then read it again.

Btw are you comparing yourself to chris morris? cause he was funny and has a platform.

das nugs said:
!baggyyyy

it's just good old fashioned toilet humour.

i think context is everything. amongst friends, or a group of people who are familiar, this stuff can be done with an ironic wink and a nod. i have some gay friends who readily engage in this kind of banter. however, the same thing coming from a random angry bloke on the street,(possibly wearing a celtic jersey and carrrying a can of cider is a different matter).

it's not the words that are offensive, so much as the intention. although faggot and nigger are two that boil my blood, agreed.

context. what he said.

what snowt said; in the right context - humour, in the wrong context - racist/gayist/whateverist cunt!

can't make generalisations about offensiveness: everyone's offended by something or other and everything's offensive to someone.

snowt said:
That's not what I meant dick-head, obviously that is wrong but there is also a level of humour to anyone who believes that another race is inferior simply by virtue of the fact that they're a member of another race; That is laughable and parodying those people's stupidity is quite funny, I think.

But why did you say "Drunken Young Men"? Sober Old Women can be racist too.

I said drunken young men because I was giving a case in point, just like you gave a case in point. Also, it's a sight I witnessed on a nightly basis while working in a Dublin bar last year, where the waiting staff were almost exclusively Asian. Whenever I'd ask the groups of drunken young men to stop hassling our waiting staff, they'd respond with something along the lines of
We're not racist cos obviously that is wrong but there is also a level of humour to anyone who believes that another race is inferior simply by virtue of the fact that they're a member of another race; That is laughable and parodying those people's stupidity is quite funny, I think.

das nugs said:
i think context is everything. amongst friends, or a group of people who are familiar, this stuff can be done with an ironic wink and a nod. i have some gay friends who readily engage in this kind of banter.

aye, i agree, fair enough. however, when its in public or in a larger context there is the possibility of propigating the harmful aspects of those words.

however, the same thing coming from a random angry bloke on the street,(possibly wearing a celtic jersey and carrrying a can of cider is a different matter).

exactly. although i am often to be found outdoor drinking cider, so please dont discriminate against us bulmers fans. :)

in fact, i've sometimes been at the receiving end of this kind of thing myself, and i'm straight).

when i was a kid living in scotland, i experienced alot of anti-irish rascist comments in school. yeah, hilarious. :mad:

Zita said:
I said drunken young men because I was giving a case in point, just like you gave a case in point. Also, it's a sight I witnessed on a nightly basis while working in a Dublin bar last year, where the waiting staff were almost exclusively Asian. Whenever I'd ask the groups of drunken young men to stop hassling our waiting staff, they'd respond with something along the lines of
We're not racist cos obviously that is wrong but there is also a level of humour to anyone who believes that another race is inferior simply by virtue of the fact that they're a member of another race; That is laughable and parodying those people's stupidity is quite funny, I think.

Wow that's some steamingly good satire.
You should write for Ryan Tubridy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back