[May 26, 2015] Swans, Okkyung Lee (The Button Factory) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 766
  • Watchers 0

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
052aa3c8a0c1f07c991339f3bfe86365_XL.jpg

"Despite what you might have heard or presumed, my quest is to spread light and joy through the world" - M. Gira

Swans finally return to Dublin for a performance in the Button Factory on Tuesday May 26. Currently the best live act in the world, we are delighted that they will be performing in the year of u:m21.

Tickets go on sale Tuesday January 20 at 9am

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A NOTE FROM MICHAEL GIRA: January 13, 2014

Hello There,
We (Swans) have recently completed our new album. It is currently being mastered at the time of this writing. It is called To Be Kind. The release date is set for May 13, 2014. It will be available as a triple vinyl album, a double CD, and a 2XCD Deluxe Edition that will include a live DVD. It will also be available digitally. In addition, I am thinking of releasing it as a USB “stick” / flashdrive (with special packaging), so that this ultimate, high quality version can be listened to from beginning to end, without interruption (the album is a little over 2 hours long).

The album was produced by me, and it was recorded by the venerable John Congleton at Sonic Ranch, outside El Paso Texas, and further recordings and mixing were accomplished at John’s studio in Dallas, Texas. We commenced rehearsals as Sonic Ranch in early October 2013, began recording soon thereafter, then completed the process of mixing with John in Dallas by mid December 2013.

A good portion of the material for this album was developed live during the Swans tours of 2012/13. Much of the music was otherwise conjured in the studio environment.

The recordings and entire process of this album were generously and perhaps vaingloriously funded by Swans supporters through our auspices at younggodrecords.com via the release of a special, handmade 2xCD live album entitled Not Here / Not Now. See details here: http://bit.ly/1igMi70

The Swans are: Michael Gira, Norman Westberg, Christoph Hahn, Phil Puleo, Thor Harris, Christopher Pravdica.

Special Guests for this record include (among many others): Little Annie (Annie sang a duet with me on the song Some Things We Do, the strings for which were ecstatically arranged and played by Julia Kent); St. Vincent (Annie Clark sang numerous, multi-tracked vocals throughout the record); Cold Specks (Al contributed numerous multi-tracked vocals to the song “Bring the Sun”); Bill Rieflin (honorary Swan Bill played too many instruments to list here, ranging from additional drums, to synthesizers, to piano, to electric guitar and so on. He has been a frequent contributor to Swans and Angels of Light and is currently playing with King Crimson)...

I love you! Michael Gira

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Swans, led by Michael Gira, formed in 1982 and, after disbanding in 1997, returned with the critically acclaimed albums My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky (2010) and 2012’s The Seer.

Says Daniel Miller, “I can't tell you how pleased and excited I am to be working with Michael again, the live shows he has been performing with Swans since they reformed have been utterly outstanding and like nothing else I've seen or heard before.”

Mute Song have published Swans since 2010 and prior to that, Mute sub label Product Inc released the classic album Children Of God in 1987.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back