Fighting The Homosexual agenda (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 78
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 4
oh shit said:
i wish there was a homosexual agenda.
we'd all be forced to wear nice shoes and more people would feel ok about dancing, and hetrosexual men would be more adventurous with their own buttholes (seriously, give it a go).
everything would be better.

ps some of my closest friends are gay.

I didn't know you were gay.

Clinton Baptiste said:

1. Gaaaay
somone who is extremely gay more gay than normal gay
eg. stinky is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Source: Nick Elsom, bynx street binkleville, Apr 28, 2005

wow, i like this.....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gay&r=f

especially this:

"2. gay

A generic insult. It can mean bad, stupid, whatever you want it to mean.

My Opinion:

Don't say that something is gay as an insult. I find this highly immature, mostly because it is often used when people can't think of a proper insult even when there is nothing homosexual about whatever they're insulting.

1.Jeremy was in a gay mood after getting an A on his test.

2.The people in The Village People are gay.

3."That is such a gay shirt,"remarked Robby.
Source: Newbia, May 30, 2004"

wowowowowowow!!!

das nugs said:
"2. gay

A generic insult. It can mean bad, stupid, whatever you want it to mean.

My Opinion:

Don't say that something is gay as an insult. I find this highly immature, mostly because it is often used when people can't think of a proper insult even when there is nothing homosexual about whatever they're insulting."

I agree 100% with him here, actually. Maybe I'm just being oversensitive and ultra-PC here, but it really irritates me when people use "gay" this way. There's a latent homophobia at work there, in my opinion.

Paul

Clinton Baptiste said:

i'm not, but some of my best friends are, and they have to put up with a lot of shit from supposedly 'right on' people.

zita, if you print tshirts i'll take two, thanks :)

I agree, too. One of the few times I've found it funny is when Nelson gets nabbed kissing Lisa and Jimbo says, "Eeeew! You kissed a girl! That's so gay!" And it wouldn't be funny if it weren't the case that calling anything 'gay' as an insult did not involve implications of homophobia.

I understand that most people don't use it that way intentionally, but I think it's a plain old lazy insult. There are so many better ones. Read Shakespearean ones. Much cleverer.

Anyhoo, Zita, I'll take a million of those t-shirts in all sizes. Can you make them for pets, too? We should raid a pet shop and the zoo and teach all the parrots to say, "I wish there was a homosexual agenda."

photon said:
I agree 100% with him here, actually. Maybe I'm just being oversensitive and ultra-PC here, but it really irritates me when people use "gay" this way. There's a latent homophobia at work there, in my opinion.

Paul
I stopped using "Gay" that way when i realised how stupid it was. To be honest though, i rarely if ever admonish friends for using it, as i know it's not latent queer bashing (given that several of them live or play in bands with gay people).

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I stopped using "Gay" that way when i realised how stupid it was. To be honest though, i rarely if ever admonish friends for using it, as i know it's not latent queer bashing (given that several of them live or play in bands with gay people).

it's all about context really. not even the use of 'gay' as an insult, which is pretty lazy, but it's things like the way people feel it's ok to imply that my friends don't have 'real' relationships, or that they're fair game for 'friendly' jokes all the time.

it's not so much 'homophobia' ("but i have gay friends" etc) as hetrosexism.

oh shit said:
hetrosexual men would be more adventurous with their own buttholes (seriously, give it a go).
everything would be better.

is this your way of telling us that you bleached your butthole like those kerazy californians?

it's ok if you did. like.

photon said:

Paul

what i thought was funny was that that he points out that what makes it "immature" is that it's used "even when there's nothing homosexual about what they're insulting"....

gay, then, is a salient derogatory comment so long as it's directed at actual gay people or things. muh?

oh shit said:
it's all about context really. not even the use of 'gay' as an insult, which is pretty lazy, but it's things like the way people feel it's ok to imply that my friends don't have 'real' relationships, or that they're fair game for 'friendly' jokes all the time.

Hmmm...no, I think I disagree with you here. The fact that "gay" is being used as an insult indicates that the word is somehow associated with a "bad" thing, namely, homosexuality. Which is more homophobia than heterosexism.

However, I agree that most people don't think of it that way when using it, any more than someone thinks about excrement when they hit their thumb with a hammer and yell "SHIT!" In that way, it's actually about "gay" gradually losing its homophobic context the more it's used as a generic insult.

Still, the word rankles me, and even though I wouldn't get on someone's case for using it, I'd never use it myself.

Paul

oh shit said:

Yeah, i agree. To be honest, recent conversations on things like refugees with people who i always thought were intellight and informed have stopped me using gay and also from laughing at casual racism. I always thought it was, eh, irionic or something, but i realise now that some people take it at face value, and so what if you look like a po faced git in the process, at least you're a po faced git with morals.

I do however reserve the right to joke about aids coming in several categories, such as straight aids, gay aids and african aids, as it's so over the top nobody could take offence except the most moronic of PC fucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back