Fibber Magee's Wants your band - PAYING GIGS (1 Viewer)

Hang on a minute man, I need something made clear to me here, You're saying if I draw a crowd on a Wednesday night I can play on Saturday for cash? But what if my band are utter shite but I still bring a hundred heads with me? I grew up playing battle of the bands where crowd response won you the gig and shit bands with loads of friends always won, what I'm saying is, Can we show up on a Wednesday with no crowd and attempt to blow the existing crowd away and if we do would you give us a gig on a Saturday on the grounds that we're really good as opposed to just bringing a mob of boozehounds us? Are you looking for talented bands or bog standard ones with lots of friends?

Hang on a minute man, I need something made clear to me here, You're saying if I draw a crowd on a Wednesday night I can play on Saturday for cash? But what if my band are utter shite but I still bring a hundred heads with me? I grew up playing battle of the bands where crowd response won you the gig and shit bands with loads of friends always won, what I'm saying is, Can we show up on a Wednesday with no crowd and attempt to blow the existing crowd away and if we do would you give us a gig on a Saturday on the grounds that we're really good as opposed to just bringing a mob of boozehounds us? Are you looking for talented bands or bog standard ones with lots of friends?

My promise to you is that if your band has a million fans and are complete and utter shite then you won't get near the stage in the first place. Sustainability requires quality.

My promise to you is that if your band has a million fans and are complete and utter shite then you won't get near the stage in the first place. Sustainability requires quality.

That's good enough for me. I just can't stomach any more shit bands. I'd happily do time to remove them from my path. Will be in touch about playing. .|..|

our lowest point was playing one of those gigs in town and not selling enough tickets... and then having to go outside and get 50 quid off my dad to pay for the unsold tickets...

jesus. that was a nightmare *shudder*

aye my dad had to bail my old band out the baggot inn back in the day. i wouldn't mind but we had a good few punters in.

was in fibbers in february. it smelled pretty bad. don't get me wrong, i learned to drink in fibbers, and indeed i have played there, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. but this idea was pitched rather ham-fistedly by Thomas Brunkered. its the same old story, the venue is not supporting live music, it's taking advantage of it.

Apparently Fosters pay €100 to have their taps at Fibbers on a Wednesday and then if they sell enough pints, Fibbers will start stocking it at the weekends.

And I can't believe the Government doesn't do something about bands not marketing themselves - this isn't Russia you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back