Cyprus Avenue
Caroline Street, Cork

THURS 26th MAY

Doors: 9pm
Tickets: €10

www.ramonas.net

logo.gif

smalleagle.jpg

The Ramones are one of the most influential punk rock bands in history. Although most of the band have passed away (RIP Joey, DeeDee and Johnny) their legacy lives on and they have become legends. They have a huge legion of dedicated fans and there are more people in this world who own a Ramones t-shirt than don't.
The Ramonas have been formed in honour of the Ramones. Clare from AntiProduct is a huge (no pun intended) fan and after having backed up Marky Ramone as Johnny at the Underworld in England, became obsessed with the idea of forming her own Ramones tribute band so she could always play more Ramones songs and help keep the memory of her favourite band alive, but with the twist of being an all girl band - girls in skimpy clothing with big boots rocking hard and playing Ramones songs is the recipe for a great night out in anyone's books.
The Ramonas try to capture the magic which the Ramones had in their early days. The on stage energy level is intense to put it mildly. Unfortunately it will never be possible to see the Ramones live again so the Ramonas are the next best thing for any Ramones fan. The intention of a Ramonas show is for everyone present to have a really good time, rocking out to really great, timeless tunes being played really well and with enthusiasm.

promo1.jpg

but really the issue here isn't so much that it's another ramones cover band, or that it's ten quid in, or that you're a perv.
the real issue here is, seriously, GIRLS? in a BAND?

i mean, come on....

I saw an Elvis Costello covers band fronted by a girl calling herself Elsie Costello in Mono back in the day and it was kind of cool (and sometimes freaky) seeing a girl performing some of his best known tunes..
BTW it must be said those Ramonas are some ugly fucking birds..!baggyyyy !baggyyyy

Night out with some live music, better then going to a non music pub :p
I shall go tonite as my bird is away anyway might as well try my mouse impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back