Favourite albums of 2010 (1 Viewer)

women-public-strain-cover-art.jpg
imgres

I wonder if any magazine/website in the world will not nominate Kanye West's My Dark Twisted Fantasy as the best album of the year.

Here are some of my best favourite albums of 2010.

- The Suburbs
- High Violet
- This is Happening

I liked the following -

Chris Abrahams - Play Scar
Gate - A Republic of Sadness
Keith Fullerton Whitman - Generator
Aino Tytti - Fronte Praecipitum / Tergo Lupi
The Ex - Catch My Shoe
Fenn O'Berg - In Stereo
Yellow Swans - Going Places
Autechre - Move of Ten

tripod? Jaysus, thats some step up. I remember they played in crawdaddy. Seems like only the other month.

They were a bag of nerves that night. Can't imagine how they'll be in front of a full tripod crowd.

Yer one Emily is lovely though. She said that she loved and respected Irish culture because when she was little her mother bought her 4 albums - something by the cranberries, the joshua tree, something by clannad, and something by enya - and that she adored them and always wanted to visit Ireland.

chuckles could be heard around the room.

I've seen these guys twice and both were awful. I had to leave after a few songs the second time.

really? didn't get to see them when they played. Would you be a fan of their recordings, or just not into them? Can't stop listening to the new album. Love the way they combine sort of Panda Bear wistfulness with noisier/mathsier tunes. They've split up now apparently.

Been a little bit of a disappointing year in that a lot of my favourite artists released sub-standard efforts. Great year for Irish bands though; Jogging, Adebisi and Boa Morte among my favourites.

Wanna go see them together scutter? I'll act miserable and you'll act like you've seen it all before.

ok I is John, but on 2 conditions;

1: I get to give evil stares to people not paying attention to the support act, even though I probably won't be that interested in them myself (*)
2: I repeatedly get to say really loud "THIS ISNT AS GOOD AS THE CRAWDADDY GIG"

(*) This is a newly revitalised pet hate since I went to the National gig and overheard some dick say during Phosphorescent, 'these lads would get more respect if they played some National covers'. The single most stupid comment I've possibly ever heard, let alone just at gigs.

(*) This is a newly revitalised pet hate since I went to the National gig and overheard some dick say during Phosphorescent, 'these lads would get more respect if they played some National covers'. The single most stupid comment I've possibly ever heard, let alone just at gigs.

hahaha, +1 to that real life person

1 boa morte - the dial waltz
2 perfume genius - learning
3 damien jurado & richard swift - other people's songs vol. 1
4 a weather - everyday balloons

The best bit of the Vampire weekend album is certainly not contained within the title track

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back