Farewell Phantom FM; welcome TXFM (1 Viewer)

You called? I'll have to go to the bank and get a mortgage on a new garden shed first and borrow some equipment. Funnily enough, the all new 8Radio.com looks in the back window of the old Phantom pirate studio on Wexford Street (now Whelan's acoustic venue). The slow, painful death of Phantom hasn't been fun to watch but to be honest I'm glad the name is changing - sort of brings it to an end.

8Radio.com is no replacement/competitor for Phantom/TXFM. We play far too much Saint Etienne and Thomas Dolby to be cool but if any of you alt kids want to send us in music, email [email protected].

Simon

You called? I'll have to go to the bank and get a mortgage on a new garden shed first and borrow some equipment. Funnily enough, the all new 8Radio.com looks in the back window of the old Phantom pirate studio on Wexford Street (now Whelan's acoustic venue). The slow, painful death of Phantom hasn't been fun to watch but to be honest I'm glad the name is changing - sort of brings it to an end.

8Radio.com is no replacement/competitor for Phantom/TXFM. We play far too much Saint Etienne and Thomas Dolby to be cool but if any of you alt kids want to send us in music, email [email protected].

Simon

Just put the app on my phone and iPad.

Just downloaded 8radio App and was pleasantly surprised to hear a track by The Sundays. Phantom turned into complete garbage. I know those 2 goons from the morning show have been (rightfully) vilified, but who let Eamonn Fennell on the airwaves? And Michelle Docherty?!...

i think the thing i liked least about phantom was the way nadine o'regan pronounced her name.
and the hot press ads they (used to?) run, with some poor girl repeating 'hot press' in the background like a primary school teacher lecturing a child.

in fairness she bailed on them when the shit first started hitting the fan. As far as I know she didn't have to go but left of her own accord, in solidarity with those who were being shit on. Yeah shes a bit of an IT girl but fuck it, that was noble of her.

she went onto the more credible pastures of Xpose

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back