Farewell Phantom FM; welcome TXFM (4 Viewers)

Lust for Life/the Idiot shitty packaged double cd is €5.99 in tower above easons. (priced €6.99)

source: i got it yesterday.

This is their last day of broadcasting. The djs have all being playing their own choices, without the playlisted stuff, and it has really shown how good a station can be without all the corporate enforcements.

amen to that. Phantom will probably be a case study in future media study courses of how not to run a radio station.

Best of luck to all the staff with whatever it is they do next.

Irish radio sucks and always has. Forget about it.

For the most part I woukld agre with this..except for Tipp MidWest radio have an UNBELIEVABLE oldies showon a Sunday afternoon..every week he plays a mixture of the Irish and UK chart from the corresponding week in the old days.Its GLORIOUS music.

A lot of it in mono.

I especially love the one hit wonders from the 60's.And anything by Des O'Connor

They could really write a good tune back then.

But yeah..Irish radio bites hard,sure ye can't even pick ANY of it up on long stretchs of the m7

Probably a good thing.

Although Spin Southwest possibly have the most powerful transmitter in Ireland...they only disappear briefly..and come in loud and clear in Laois!Which I'm pretty certain..is neither south nor wesht.

Its a fucking horrible radio station.

The standard of writing on it is deplorable.I'd say the kids love it.
BUt even by pops looseygoosey standards..the current crop of hits are very boring indeed.

And the jocks are all saps.Fucking eejits..going on about total guff the whole time.

THeres a Jamaican bloke on iRadio (strictly midlands)on a Saturday afternoon..he's deadly.

He gives it loads of the patois.,,in between the steady stream of uptempo Christina Aguilara tunes.Hes always giving out mad rude boy shouts to the ladies going on the lash in Tullamore etc.

I'd say he does some fucking riding.

Last edited:
THeres a Jamaican bloke on iRadio (strictly midlands)on a Saturday afternoon..he's deadly.

He gives it loads of the patois.,,in between the steady stream of uptempo Christina Aguilara tunes.Hes always giving out mad rude boy shouts to the ladies going on the lash in Tullamore etc.

I'd say he does some fucking riding.

Good to have you back

Anyway.

Phantom.

They sold out.

Fuck em.

Shoulda went/faded out in a blaze of Indie Glory.

Instead..they went out in ignominy.

he just got axed on today fm, 1 or 2 shows left.

That's a major disappointment. Loved his show - it was great craic. He was so enthusiastic and played quality stuff. Like, it's Sunday nights 10.00pm to midnight. Surely they aren't too concerned about advertising/ listenership at that hour! Fucking management. They did the same to John Kelly and Donal Dineen in the past.

The Internet hasn't ruined music, fucking idiots have.

I hate cursing in writing, but fucks sake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back