Facebook (3 Viewers)

The British army is creating a special force of Facebook warriors, skilled in psychological operations and use of social media to engage in unconventional warfare in the information age.

The 77th Brigade, to be based in Hermitage, near Newbury, in Berkshire, will be about 1,500-strong and formed of units drawn from across the army. It will formally come into being in April.

The brigade will be responsible for what is described as non-lethal warfare. Both the Israeli and US army already engage heavily in psychological operations.

British army creates team of Facebook warriors | UK news | The Guardian

I have a facebook acount with ONE friend. ONE. ONE

As you'd imagine, my timeline is pretty quiet.

I like ten bands* + thumped. Those are all the pages I like in the whole facebook.

One of those bands launched a record today and not one of their last week of posts came up on my timeline.

That my friends, is just how shit and useless facebook is as a music platform.

*15, but i'm in 5 of them.

so after not checking e-mail since friday, i had 5 e-mails from facebook

1: 8:22am 8th february, today is [friends name] birthday

2: 2:39pm 8th february, phil you have 1 new notification

3: 8:48pm 8th february, phil you have 1 new notification

4: 5:05am 9th february, phil you have 1 new notification

5: 2:41pm 9th february, phil you have 1 new notification

this urgent 1 new notification that it e-mailed me 4 times about was the friend's birthday

Eric explained that this was behind his decision not to sign up for the service, but that he’s not the only young person to opt out. “Newer kids don’t seem to like Facebook as much,” he claimed. “People around my age use Twitter and Instagram. It only seems like adults are on Facebook.” As Bosker and Miller found, teens are “[switching] over to Twitter because their parents don’t use Twitter as much,” and because of that, Eric argues that Facebook will eventually die off in a few generations. “Facebook is the new MySpace,” he told me. Eric also believes the process is cyclical: While his generation has adopted Twitter and Instagram to get away from their parents, his children will embrace new technologies to do the same.

A teen on why teens are abandoning Facebook

Yeah, I reckon facebook will be the respectable social network you grow into. Much like you never went drinking in the same pubs/clubs as your parents but eventually started leaving the young person establishments behind and going to the local with your elders for a quiet pint.

So as I've said before, my fb account has ONE friend.

In facebook's plight to encourage me, it started showing me statuses from people I just don't know. This peaked today. This is what privacy settings are for.

I don't know this man. Maybe one or two of you do. It seems that he's making good of his life and I think that is cool. I'm posting this to demonstrate the need for either privacy setting updates, or just leaving that site forever.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back