Face vs Body (1 Viewer)

The inverse is also true. Even an incredibly good looking person with a great body can lose all attraction if they're boring, selfish or unkind.

Thats bang on. I'm currently re-reading Douglas Coupland's The Gum Thief and just left it at this bit this morning.

Kyle: Beauty isn't only about the traits you posess, its also about the traits you don't posess.
you're really beautiful Bethany because there are so many bad traits a lot of girls have, and you don't have any of them.
You're not greedy, you don't plot or scheme and you don't go all slutty or manipulative if you don't get what you want.

Bethany (narrating): I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything, but I've been floating ever since.

nice = boring = for friends, not partners

its brings out the natural pretty, but most girls still wouldn't go for a nice bloke.

or so I've heard.

It depends on what other traits go with nice. Nice needs to be combined with confident. Nice and insecure or shy isn't great. Nobody wants to date a limpet or a squid.

I've dated 'nice' guys that seemed lovely to everyone else, and me to start with, but were so crippled by insecurity that the jealousy was intolerable.

It's all very complicated if nobody has already guessed :rolleyes:

Totally complicated indeed.

I also thought of two examples in the last week or so, where friends of mine who are babealicious (as are all my mates) were called 'gorgeous' and 'sexy', which they totally are. But there's a lot more to it than faces or bodies. I think they both look really good all the time, and I was chuffed to hear other people do, too.

One was in response (to me, not to the person who said it because I won't even answer shit like that) to the third-party insistence that "Jane doesn't like attractive women because she is so jealous of them". The other was just an exclamation that a friend of mine is someone that another friend has fancied.

The point was that most people look for more, but in plain-old chat up situations or whatever, it's not the same. Like chatting up in a pub is sometimes a shallow situation which means people apply shallower criteria.

But some people really *are* that shallow, that they use appearances as a way of explaining things that are not so simple. Like that someone would even think to say something so nasty about me, and so insulting about everyone in my life -- I really don't get that.

And that when you've actually found yourself arguing that someone can't be nasty because she's pretty (i.e., the implication that someone who wanted to kick the shit out of me was in the right because obviously I'd provoked her through my extreme jealousy at her superior attractiveness), you really are a fucking nutter who should have your doctor reconsider your dosage.

I just take for granted, as I think most of us do, that people we like are attractive in ways that are far more complicated than just physical appearances. we can talk about 'face/body' in theory, and in that sense, I do think that guys will take a thin body over a pretty face. But when you put real people into situations, it doesn't always work that way.

It's down to so many factors, including how much emphasis you and the people around you place on outward appearances or conventional beauty. We can look at pictures of famous beauties and go, "Phwooaaar" but the most beautiful people most of us know probably wouldn't meet conventional criteria.

I do stick by my insistence that chubby girls get less chance to showcase their personalities, though.

Sorry, just stating the obvious now. I just still can't get over how shallow people were in this particular incident that has no relation to Thumped. I should stop bringing it up, and I keep trying to edit it out of my posts, but it keeps coming out anyway.

I'll stop now. I'm gonna go put me boobies in the microwave.

Sounds kinda boring that way.

Agreed, dullness puts me off more than anything else. Don't go looking for crazy bitches all the same.

In answer to the point of the thread I could tell ya what I don't like alot easier than what I do.

I've dated 'nice' guys that seemed lovely to everyone else, and me to start with, but were so crippled by insecurity that the jealousy was intolerable.
yeah, 'nice' guys can turn out to be fucking mental

PS
well, i've finally got to the end of the thread, i'm sad it's over but my face hurts a bit from laughing. think i need a post-thread smoke. special thanks to pantone247 and the kenosha kid for top quality lulz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back