Exercise/Fitness Levels (1 Viewer)

I do bodyweight exercises 4 times a week. Have been for a year or so, lost 20lbs, most of my trousers that I have from back then are falling off, arms and chest are bigger than they've ever been. Still think I'm a fat fuck though.

I haven't had any regular exercise in the last 3 years. It's crap, but I can't see any way of improving the situation. Does DIY count as exercise? Exercise is something that makes you sweat and curse and gives you injuries, so maybe it does

I haven't had any regular exercise in the last 3 years. It's crap, but I can't see any way of improving the situation. Does DIY count as exercise? Exercise is something that makes you sweat and curse and gives you injuries, so maybe it does

Yeah it counts in my book anyway, but it has to be over half an hour to have any effect I'm told.

I can walk for miles and miles but dont do it as much anymore.

If i'm hammered and fancy a stroll i'm off though. Last weekend i did Marino to Deansgrange in 3 hours. It was lovely.

Shut up egg. Kids are excercise. We are Fit.

I just cycled home. The fastest I've done it since before xmas.

Thing is, I got a little bit vomity when I got home.
What should I do? I've got TKD later on as well.

I just cycled home. The fastest I've done it since before xmas.

Thing is, I got a little bit vomity when I got home.
What should I do? I've got TKD later on as well.

Feeling vomity means you went anaerobic for too long, and your body is not used to that.
You probably drove your pulse up to over 170 bpm for more than 10 minutes.

There is nothing you can really do, just wait for your liver to deal with things. You might be shaky later, since your glycogen levels would have taken a hit.

I can walk for miles and miles but dont do it as much anymore.

If i'm hammered and fancy a stroll i'm off though. Last weekend i did Marino to Deansgrange in 3 hours. It was lovely.

Shut up egg. Kids are excercise. We are Fit.

That sounds like a brilliant sort of walk. I love doing stuff like that.

And egg, DIY and raising kids definitely counts. The whole category known as 'exercise' in the abstract is to make up for the fact that a lot of people live very sedentary lives and most manual tasks have been replaced by machines. It's not so necessary to have separate exercise if you're physically active anyway.

I walked from Ennistimon to Doolin, we were drinking in Doolin and I ran out of cash and the nearest banklink was Ennistimon.

It was a lot further than I thought it was.
Also, single male hitching, middle of the night, country roads in Clare = not so great.

I walked from Ennistimon to Doolin, we were drinking in Doolin and I ran out of cash and the nearest banklink was Ennistimon.

It was a lot further than I thought it was.
Also, single male hitching, middle of the night, country roads in Clare = not so great.

Not to mention winding, narrow, scary roads out there. Crikey!

I love walking, and it is something I can do seemingly endlessly, but I'm useless when it comes to running. I've never been able to any distance.

I'm not fit. I walk briskly for about an hour every day, in work we're up 6 flights of stairs and I do those about 5 times a day two steps at a time at a run, but I still know I couldn't run more than 100 metres without dying.

There is an element of habit about it.

Even though I am not that fit, I can absolutely kill guys on bikes, guys who are clearly fitter than I am, just because I am able to cycle well. My body knows what its up to when its on a bike, and doesnt fight against itself.

I suppose it takes a while to get that economy in your legs.

I notice too in the pool. I will struggle to do 3 lengths, for a couple of days and then suddenly remember how to swim, and the next day do 30.

Cycling is something I can do too. I just don't seem to be built for running... if that's possible. I used to go to a gym and I could row and cycle at full tilt until I got bored but running on the treadmill would kill me. Used to cycle 8 miles each way to work and that wasn't a bother to me, even on a heavy mountain bike.

I do think that there are different types of fitness. Strangely enough, when it comes to swimming I'm definitely not good at speed over short distances, but I can keep going for hours at a slower pace.

The whole category known as 'exercise' in the abstract is to make up for the fact that a lot of people live very sedentary lives and most manual tasks have been replaced by machines.
Hmm I spose you're right
I only know a handful of fellas of my generation who actually does anything beyond painting or flatpack in and around his own house. Tiling, plumbing, electrics, fireplace stuff, building crappy lean-to sheds, chopping wood, digging drains, making shelves, fencing. Fuck me it's exhausting, if I had the money I wouldn't do it either

edit: maybe I would though, some of it - ax-chopping and digging holes are strangely rewarding

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back