Exercise/Fitness Levels (2 Viewers)

I just run really slowly. You should be able to sing a song while you exercise without getting out of breath, I've been told. So I sing.

yeah if you think you can't run, you just have to start reeeeeeaaaalll slow. Just above walking pace. If you wanna pick things up do it towards the end of the run. not the other way round.

Not that i'm a running expert but I was 4 times egg* and spoon champion in primary school. Not even those cheating fuckers with ice-cream scoopers could beat me.

*we used spuds in our school but still referred to it as egg and spoon

I did a few lengths of the pool in the hotel last night - I think that the first time I've been in a pool in 10 years - I did a quick half dozen lengths and nearly died.

There was a time when I'd do 80 odd lengths 3 times a week.

This is not good.

Ah - I know this feeling. But with swimming its all about technique. You see old people with not so great physiques being able to swim a couple of km without stopping. Mostly I find its the breathing. You just need to get a regular breathing pattern going. Also, if you find you are getting tired, then slow the pace. Trying to go faster, you'll just waste energy thrashing about in the water.

You probably know all this already....

Ah - I know this feeling. But with swimming its all about technique. You see old people with not so great physiques being able to swim a couple of km without stopping. Mostly I find its the breathing. You just need to get a regular breathing pattern going. Also, if you find you are getting tired, then slow the pace. Trying to go faster, you'll just waste energy thrashing about in the water.

You probably know all this already....

Yeah - I was pretty sporty as a kid and a pretty serious swimmer up to my mid teens.

I want my swimmers phisique back.

Yeah - I was pretty sporty as a kid and a pretty serious swimmer up to my mid teens.

I want my swimmers phisique back.

Think of all the dark mornings getting up at 6am to trudge off to the pool to do a few kilometers before everyone else was out of bed. Do you really want to go through all that again? :) Is it worth it?

Think of all the dark mornings getting up at 6am to trudge off to the pool to do a few kilometers before everyone else was out of bed. Do you really want to go through all that again? :) Is it worth it?

I was never good enough to be involved in the early morning stuff. One of may mates was - its pretty horrific.

These guys break their balls untill they're about 16 and then they are either up to it or not.

I sing or hum when I'm swimming, surfing, kayaking, biking etc etc. Keeps you really calm and your breathing regular.

Swimming can be real boring. Humming helps. Or singing in your head. Or taking a complex problem to the pool to mull over in your head.

Yeah, I love swimming!!! Complex problem - my favourite part is when you get used to the swim and so you can just kind of phase out for a while and think about nothing. It is great!

Swimming can be real boring. Humming helps. Or singing in your head. Or taking a complex problem to the pool to mull over in your head.

ah yeah, i was being semi-facetious - i actually do hum sometimes when swimming (no doubt much to the amusement of anyone who passes me in the other lanes), though i suspect a karaoke-style belting out of "total eclipse of the heart" might result in drowning.

thinking while swimming is the business. i did loads of preparation for my finals while doing lengths of the sportsco pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back