Exercise/Fitness Levels (1 Viewer)

Daisy's Dukes

How much exercise do you all get and do you reckon you are fit?

I cycle 3 -4 days a week (round trip of 1hr 15 minutes ish each day) and I do two, hour long brisk walks at the weekend with the dog.

I reckon I'm pretty fit but I go through periods of getting a bit obsessed and wanting to be uber fit.

I was walking part of the Wicklow Way on Sunday near Lough Tay and there were some hard core cyclists cycling the Wicklow Way. Much respect

How much exercise do you all get and do you reckon you are fit?

I cycle 3 -4 days a week (round trip of 1hr 15 minutes ish each day) and I do two, hour long brisk walks at the weekend with the dog.

I reckon I'm pretty fit but I go through periods of getting a bit obsessed and wanting to be uber fit.

I was walking part of the Wicklow Way on Sunday near Lough Tay and there were some hard core cyclists cycling the Wicklow Way. Much respect

i walk everywhere. briskly. every so often I go through few months of running. so Im probably not enitirely fit or unfit.

By all accounts I'm very fit for someone who smokes 30 fags a day and eats about 50 chocolate bars a week.

BMI 19

I think about getting some exercise almost everyday

but don't

eating fruit is a form of exercise right?

I used to be fit, I used to do a lot of miles on the bike.
At a point though, it becomes very technical. Your body becomes machine like, you have to monitor intakes, look after your iron levels, keep loading carbo's in, drink water all the time, never touch alcohol.
If I was racing in teh evenings, I would sometimes wake up at 4am needing to eat a load of pasta.
It all becomes a bit mad, and a bit self absorbed.
5 or 6 days a week I would be on the road for 4-6 hours a day, usually alone. You would learn how your body works very well. How hard you can push things, the pain levels that certain things would happen at. You sort of view pain in a very abstract way, my sign to actually cool it was when my vision started to get distorted and wobble around the periphery. The pro guys used to say that you slow down when the snow looks black.

Its this losing battle though, you are always struggling for better form. Its extremely hard to get it, and very very easy to lose it.

Still, some of it sticks around. Its easy for me to get fit again, when I was doing mountaineering stuff I was pretty strong, even a few months ago I went for some medical when I wasnt fit. The guy said I had (the biggest?) say one of the biggest maybe lung capacities he had measured. He thought that there was something wrong with the test the first few times.
Although who knows who he normally tests.
On the downside, my rib cage is sort of a bit fucked, and I have to do these back exercises otherwise I get problems with my floating ribs sort of jumping in and out of joint if I breath deeply or reach up.

I went swimming a couple of times when I was away last week and surprised myself by doing 30 lengths each time before I felt jacked. And I'm carrying extra weight now with the nipper. I'm going to go a couple of times each week from now on.

I haven't been swimming for a long time. I was able to do 70 lengths at my fittest several years ago.

I walk the dogs nearly every day and I'm a pretty active house cleaner so that must be keeping me at some level of fitness.

i cycle about an hour 5 days a week. sometimes i do weights (debateable as to this improves "fitness"). but i also smoke about 10 rollys a day and drink a fair bit all weekend. so i guess i'm fit-ish sometimes maybe?

I walk between 5 and 7 kms every day with my dog, do yoga once a week and am going back to krav maga after a two year break in a few weeks time which will coincide with me getting back to the gym so I'd say i'll be as fit as a fiddle by april!.|..|

i cycle in and out of work each day (but that's only about forty mins max per day) i swim in general 2-3 times a week (between 40-80 lengths each time) i run once or twice a week, do one spinning class and one sort of weights/cardio class thing a week. and i surf occasionally.
thumped seems to be a fairly fit place to be these days.

I cycle for just around 1 hr 40 mins 3-5 times a week depending on weather, do pilates classes twice a week, walk briskly for at least 30 mins a day when I don't cycle, climb the stairs at work instead of taking the lift (4 floors up), try to get in an epic long walk and/or a good boogie every week.

Am relatively fit, but was much fitter 10 years ago doing the same amount of exercise. Sigh. Oldness.

Not fit at all at the moment but I am working on it. Swim 50 lengths 3 times a week, cycle every day, started hill walking and whatnot. Starting to feel a bit better now. Still I smoke and drink so probably wont end up that fit...

not too bad - cycle to/from work or town most days (20 mins each way), 1 hour yoga class every week. since the beginning of the year i've been going for either a 1k swim or a 40min gym programme three times a week as well, though that got a bit scuppered last week when i had a)martian death flu (no anything) followed by b)stitches in my ear that i couldn't get wet (no swimming).

swimming is the business for improving overall fitness (for me, anyway) - i really noticed the difference even after a couple of weeks of regular swims.

not sure whether all of this completely outweighs my love of beer and cheese, mind.

I'm pretty unfit at the moment due to fuck all exercise for the last couple of months, probably the least fit I've been in about four or five years. I can still hold my breath for about two minutes so I'm not too bad yet. It's funny how you can feel your fitness level slowly disappearing though. Really must get back into doing some regular exercise.

what is this "exercise" you speak of?

If you can imagine sexy time, only wearing clothes, outside in the rain, and with a load of other lads, only less boners, less orgasms, less lube and less crying... its a lot like that.

what is this "exercise" you speak of?

you should get one of these

geekacycle.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back