European and local elections 2024 (4 Viewers)

Actaully was driving home yesterday and heard this piece - I kinda thought it was one of the saddest pieces of environmental topic radio i've ever heard. Granted possibly they dragged in the doherty guy to play a role or something as the 'man on the street or whatever' but anywhoo roughly it goes like

Voice guy talks about how people basically have plastic in their balls now and this is a tiny intervention etc etc.
Doherty stooge goes deep on how this minor inconvenience/not inconvenience is a bit much for him, the man on the street.
At no point in the conversation would it be ok to point out that plastic bottles are very much in the 'wants' column and that you actually don't even the need the fucking things. Anywhoo this was a conversation between adults in 2024 where the anti plastic guy basically cant even mention that the things are fucking stupid from the outset, and blokey mcblokerson, secretely looking at pictures of jeremy clarkson under his desk while talking, is here to jeremy clarkson something that is basically a non discussion in terms of things your want to have in your balls.

and most of the comments were poor little old me has to rotate a fucking bottle. It's a very sad place to be when it's 'mild irritation vs. nanoplastic sperm'.

Actaully was driving home yesterday and heard this piece - I kinda thought it was one of the saddest pieces of environmental topic radio i've ever heard. Granted possibly they dragged in the doherty guy to play a role or something as the 'man on the street or whatever' but anywhoo roughly it goes like

Voice guy talks about how people basically have plastic in their balls now and this is a tiny intervention etc etc.
Doherty stooge goes deep on how this minor inconvenience/not inconvenience is a bit much for him, the man on the street.
At no point in the conversation would it be ok to point out that plastic bottles are very much in the 'wants' column and that you actually don't even the need the fucking things. Anywhoo this was a conversation between adults in 2024 where the anti plastic guy basically cant even mention that the things are fucking stupid from the outset, and blokey mcblokerson, secretely looking at pictures of jeremy clarkson under his desk while talking, is here to jeremy clarkson something that is basically a non discussion in terms of things your want to have in your balls.

and most of the comments were poor little old me has to rotate a fucking bottle. It's a very sad place to be when it's 'mild irritation vs. nanoplastic sperm'.

The fact that Doherty’s a dick doesn’t change the fact that tethered bottle caps are a pain in the hole and just get in the way without solving any actual problem. Who the fuck opens a plastic bottle and then throws the cap away??? People put them in the recycling separately and they get lost? Really? I put them back on the bottle like a normal person and it all goes into the magic bottle and can return ATM machine.

The fact that Doherty’s a dick doesn’t change the fact that tethered bottle caps are a pain in the hole and just get in the way without solving any actual problem. Who the fuck opens a plastic bottle and then throws the cap away??? People put them in the recycling separately and they get lost? Really? I put them back on the bottle like a normal person and it all goes into the magic bottle and can return ATM machine.

You are not normal people. Any of these 'inconveniences' (which the return machines were two months ago) are because people basically need to be parented into acting like adults around materials in the western world.

I like the attached cap. Saves me inevitably picking it up off the floor

Catherine Martin has ruled herself out. Wouldn't blame her. Ryan took a huge amount of flak as it was, she'd get even more.

The only TD I can think of that would be able for it is Roderic but he has his hands full, and no one else would want that ministerial post. Maybe a Senator would be a good call?

The only TD I can think of that would be able for it is Roderic but he has his hands full, and no one else would want that ministerial post. Maybe a Senator would be a good call?

Martin made a god run at the seat in Kildare North last time around. Funnilly enough I got a flyer from him in the post this morning

I mean, you wouldn't blame her for not wanting to it either. This is the shit that a lowly councillor has to put up with.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ryan is hardly perfect but in fairness to him, he's led the most effective charge in the history of the Greens in terms of getting what they wanted implemented. Has always seemed to me to be basically a well-meaning & pragmatic guy who has acted as a public focal point for a torrent of hatred and derision for several years, on top of the other stresses of the job - I'm not surprised he's had enough & that Martin has ruled herself out, I'd give him a fair bit of credit for attempting to take on the industrial agriculture complex, the airlines etc, surely knowing how much flak he would take on a daily basis.

Ryan is hardly perfect but in fairness to him, he's led the most effective charge in the history of the Greens in terms of getting what they wanted implemented. Has always seemed to me to be basically a well-meaning & pragmatic guy who has acted as a public focal point for a torrent of hatred and derision for several years, on top of the other stresses of the job - I'm not surprised he's had enough & that Martin has ruled herself out, I'd give him a fair bit of credit for attempting to take on the industrial agriculture complex, the airlines etc, surely knowing how much flak he would take on a daily basis.

Maybe that's why he was sleeping on the job at critical times?

Maybe that's why he was sleeping on the job at critical times?

That was the time he was negotiating the program for government - can you imagine sitting with rooms with Leoniberal and michael martin negotiating a multi faceted program for govt line by line and those two pricks trying to turn everythign into a ring road or a photo op that satisfies their voter base in the middle of lockdown. Every USA style lobbyist hack comes out with that line/image pretty much weekly on twitter without putting any context on it - focussing on that one photograph and ignoring the actual outcome of those negotiations isn't doing ireland any favours as we edge towards a neoliberal right wing setup. I pretty much see it weekly while monitoring the work acc. It's like godwins law for Ireland

i fell asleep in work in a meeting once.
i woke myself up by blurting out 'it's like jumping the chasm and then building the bridge behind you' and i clearly must have been listening on some level because one of the lads casually remarked 'good analogy but not quite right' and the meeting continued without remark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back