European and local elections 2024 (8 Viewers)

German boss - interested in PRSTV, asks me to send an explainer on it. I was telling him we were still counting. They use a list system for European elections in Germany.
English colleague - does not know what FPTP is, totally uninterested.

TBF I do have another English colleague who's probably a nerd on these things, just haven't talked to him about it.

Niall McConnell didn't get in, and he's gone all Trump-ian with rigged voting theories.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

he's in my ward at home. he didn't win because people think he's a fool and throw him the odd sympathy transfer - gerrymandering or not, they are not going to elect him because he's got no concept of how a council works.

Niall McConnell didn't get in, and he's gone all Trump-ian with rigged voting theories.

Seems he has a sympathetic audience, going by the YouTube likes and comments. I just assumed (here in my bubble) that he was an object of ridicule.

Seems he has a sympathetic audience, going by the YouTube likes and comments. I just assumed (here in my bubble) that he was an object of ridicule.

People who live in the online world, americans and english - What he doesn't get is that a bunch of neckbeards stroking his knob on youtube isn't actually in any way similar to donegal co council. He is an object of ridicule in the community FYI, but the sorta sympathetic local ridicule.

Also some people agree with him, there is that.

will be interesting to see what way O'Sullivan's transfers go. I doubt there'll be enough to get Funchion ahead of Wallace.

And despite the celebrity endorsements Claire Daly lost her seat.
Apparently she has signed up with the same voice over agency that signed Katie Taylor.
Plenty of work for them reading audio books, sat navs ect...

Claire Daly never really survived not swimming with the school on Ukraine - from then on she was a russian conspirator.
On the other hand wars don't really end without negotiations which is what she initially called for - I don't think shrewd diplomacy is her superpower tbh.

Oh on Niall's sympathetic youtube audience

I did a headcount on conspiracy votes a few pages back and it looks like 5-10% of the population 100% came out of lockdown 'recalibrated'

Claire Daly never really survived not swimming with the school on Ukraine - from then on she was a russian conspirator.
On the other hand wars don't really end without negotiations which is what she initially called for - I don't think shrewd diplomacy is her superpower tbh.

I think questions were being raised about herself and Wallace regarding positions on Syria, china, russia etc. before that to be fair (and before 2019)
I'm not sure that's what lost her all of her support to be honest. I do think the degree of transfer to NB might provide a clue in terms of a generalised 'anti-establishment' voter...

will be interesting to see what way O'Sullivan's transfers go. I doubt there'll be enough to get Funchion ahead of Wallace.

looked at this in more detail. Funchion has a shinners running mate. You'd expect her to get almost all of his transfers, if it goes that far.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 14.14.35.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 14.14.35.png
    283.6 KB · Views: 0
The voting feels a little like the Eurovi
looked at this in more detail. Funchion has a shinners running mate. You'd expect her to get almost all of his transfers, if it goes that far.
Yep very little in it still. We saw a massive transfer of votes to Labour in Dublin, so most likely the same when it comes to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back