European and local elections 2024 (5 Viewers)

All these emergent parties are largely reactionary types but i really don't think they are going to be of any fucking use in Europe - this can be kinda told by what they are saying being undeliverable pretty much.

At heart a lot of them are gonna be FF/FG types that bumped to SF in the last election and have now shifted over a little bit more - I'd nearly be on a few of them effectively getting eaten by FF PD's style down the line.

Anywhooo the part makeup in Europe post this election

ALDE are possibly going to reform - they could end up like the greens i ireland with not enough seats but also exactly enough seats to be a coalition keystone.
Green - Could be sharing more seats with the GUE and kinda act as one for a term with them to a point.
S&D - I don't see more left votes going this way
EPP probably losing a bit to ID by being right effectively - this to me is kinda the worst case coalition outcome fyi.
ECR /ID - could be a rebrand here, those right wing guys sure know how to infight.
Independents in Europe what are ye's at?

Only 8 people are running for four seats in our council area.
Basically three young SF, Green, Labour folks first. FF + FG next. 'Team Lowry' duo last.

23 people running in Ireland South.
None of top 4 leftists I picked have a hope of getting elected.
Wallace, SF duo, Green MEP next.
Then two more no hoper independents - one whom (De Barra) seems to be more into drug legalisation than anything else.
FF + FG four are next.
Then some dodgy independents with farming etc. agendas.
Then then Aontu, an almost comical conspiracy theory guy called Ciaran O'Riordan and finally the far right.

Michael Leahy (Irish Freedom) got #23 ahead of Blighe and Lahive for putting a load of Irish tricolour flags and his posters on a prominent motorway bridge outside Roscrea.
Some fool stayed in a car there 24 hours for most of the last week.

Not really tactical in my thinking, just picked worst to most decent IMO regardless of size of parties.

Voted at lunch. I think I went down to 15 on my euro.

May have inadvertently voted for dickheads, I dunno to keep out the certain dickheads.

That songwriter from Cavan, how bad can she be?? Unless she's an Eco fascist.

Or the other Waters guy, he's a doctor and from close to the parish.

That took a long time. Not helped by the lad in front of us turning up to vote, and not being on the list. Turns out he'd recently moved house, is still registered in clontarf, but thought he could turn up at the polling station beside him to vote.

Was busy in Finglas at 8 o'clock still. I only voted for sound heads so you can't blame me.

The bloody Europe sheet was so long I didn't spot Ciarán Cuffe until I'd put a few numbers down.

I realised at the last minute that my re-registration had not gone through and I'm still on the register at my old address. I couldn't face researching another dozen chancers and loolahs, or making the journey after work so didnt vote.
I have a big "missing out" feeling this morning, particularly when I hear that early counts show that that Boylan guy is going to win a seat.
Anyway, whatever happens it's all my fault.

I read boylan did well in ballyfermot but that this might not be reflected elsewhere. Probably sensible to not read too much into the first few boxes opened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back