European and local elections 2024 (11 Viewers)

i'd certainly see mchugh as an idealist rather than a realist - that in itself is not a criticism, but i still maintain it was a stupid mistake on her part to leave the greens because they went into government. i'd say she'd *hate* the job if she got elected.

suggests to me that she's neither practical nor a team player, which means she'd be useless

My reading is that she's just a bit more like ming rather than a party woman tbh - I don't see any evidence of her being impractical though? Where's that coming from, also ask her not me :p

She also said she'd join european greens..

My reading is that she's just a bit more like ming rather than a party woman tbh - I don't see any evidence of her being impractical though? Where's that coming from, also ask her not me :p

She also said she'd join european greens..
The last I read, she said she'd join the European Left, so same group as Ming, Wallace and Daly.

I was coming out the road there and the 'peter casey stop the madness' posters were being lifted out of a van to go on a lampost.
Enterprise rent a van, and I don't know for sure, but it's definitley a possibility that the people hired to put up the posters were not born in Ireland.

yesterday in the mailbox there was a bundle of leaflets from the Ireland is full crowd and a single clare daly leaflet. These were all folded over and had been pushed in together. so presumably a leafletting service was used.

So the one thing the right and left can agree on is zero hours contracted immigrants delivering their materials.

there's hope yet.
Exact same here. This is the first year I remember getting reasonably well designed and produced leaflets from that type of candidate.

We have the boy trained to answer the door and tell people we're not home. He's very convincing. Too convincing, actually - I nearly missed a plasterer today.

We got election literature from three types of racists and a god botherer yesterday, Another racist / "33,000 NGOS in Ireland" one today.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Only one poster defaced in Navan so far. It was for one of the rascist pricks. Well played.
Lots of them with moustaches etc on the hill below our house. I know "boys will be boys" has a sinister meaning nowadays, but in this context boys being boys and sticking it to the man puts a smile on my face

The local candidate I know had his enhanced with a moustache and a head of black hair (he's bald). It would be a great opportunity for him to get a wig and false moustache and pose beside it for a photo

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
  • ernesto
  • M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back