EUROPE (1 Viewer)

Dylan said:
Where to hit up?
It's a big place, be more specific. I'd suggest spain/italy/greece as the nicer and warmer end of Europe.

Where to stay?
brunnen7.jpg

How to get around?
Train.jpg

Rome is a nice place to visit. Cheap pleases to stay near the train station.
Greece is nice but I found Athens to be a bit dull. Hitch round the countryside.
Frankfurt was a very dull place - avoid.
Poland is meant to be one of the best places to visit in terms of friendly locals, cheap stuff, and lots to do.

I can vouch for Frankfurt! Dull as fuck as it's more of an industrial city but they have got some lovely buildings, fuck all pubs!

So you've decided against going to the US and are going to go round europe instead? Please say yes. :)

When will you be around next, don't think I'll be in wicklow for a while. I can give you contacts, etc.

Just read corms travel diary in BTHTFTPF #2 (I think) til then. Good tips on illegally crossing borders and getting arrested for fraudulent train tickets. :p

Dylan said:
Where to hit up?

eastern serbia and poland esp and finland.

Where to stay? get punk contacts try damohe did our tour.

How to get around? buy a van if possible and pack a few heads in .other wise your thumb is cheapest but i like buses.

Dylan said:
Where to hit up?

Where to stay?

How to get around?

go to carnac in france in the moribhan region, beside the quiberon peninsula, not too far away from vannes. it's a site a few kms long littered with megalithic standing stones. no one knows what they mean but there's loads of theories. one of the highlights of france for me.
gulf-of-morhiban-map.jpg

carnac-800x600.jpg

Try hit valencia in spain around the last week of august for the tomatina festival - the one where everyone throws tomatoes at each other. It's about a half an hour from valencia, last wednesday of august. Might head over meself..

the standing stones are fucking cool.
Best way to get around...by bike of course! how long you going for??
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I wanna go too
Venice is lovely. Prague is shit.
Berlin is drunk and on drugs and flithy and nasty.
I dunno, cycling is best coz you get to stop in all the places you would otherwise only see through bus/train windows. This would also work for a van I suppose. Bikes are a bit slow, but not as slow as you'd think.
Barcelona is grrrrreat. Also Bourdeaux is nice and all the french coast to that side is deadly, beaches that go on forever. sigh.

Prague is shit??!!Maybe in some areas, but damn, i think its one of the finest cities i`ve been to!

Trans Siberian only 300 euro!?I wish...
I have ticket prices for 2nd class travel from St Petersburg to Ulan Ude(230 euro), and 3rd class ticket prices(i was skint coming home) from Ulan Ude to St Pete(95 euro) and onto Vilnius in Lithuania(another 30 euro).And i`ve a list of cheap places to stay in St pete, Moscow is rip-off central for accomadation(as is Tallinn) - 18 euro being the cheapest in either city.

Although a mate just told me that Ukraine just abolished their visa requirements, meaning you could get a cheap ass baltic airlines flight to Vilnius, meet the shedloads of punks there(friendliest bunch of people i`ve met ever), and bus it to Ukraine all for reasonable amounts of money - waaaaaheeeyyy!!!!

it's a site a few kms long littered with megalithic standing stones. no one knows what they mean but there's loads of theories. one of the highlights of france for me.

yeh i've been there, tis amazing.

anyone have any contacts in barcelona? i know there's sposed to be a lot going on there, most of the stuff i've found on the web is obv in spanish though which i can barely speak. i dunno if any of the squats are still occupied, only definite thing i've found so far is an infoshop/book/music place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back