EUROPE (2 Viewers)

Well i havnt got a clue where exactly yet, there will be two of us. probably gong for about a month in august. whats the cheapest trains? is interrailing cheap?

Dylan said:
Well i havnt got a clue where exactly yet, there will be two of us. probably gong for about a month in august. whats the cheapest trains? is interrailing cheap?

http://www.eurodomino.com/

gives you info on eurail, interrail and scanrail (it seems only the interrail bit of the site is working at the moment)

fuck it. i wish i had the time to go away. fuck it.

no good squats in paris, Praque had squats not sure what the deal is these days.

Barcelona, Holland and Italy are good for squats, if you want to see squats that is - problem with squats is they're full of squatters.

Dylan said:
danke! are there good squats in Paris or Czech Rep?

No

What I mean by Prague is shit was that the people are shit and it's full of slimey men who try to abduct you and it's all sleazy and weird.
Maybe only if you hang out in the city all night though.
Even the punks we met were dickheads.

Barca for squats.
Or Berlin I suppose. Or Greece. Or in the south of france there's a rumour of a squatted village.

how the punks letting people stay in their gaffs /squats thing works is on the basis of mutual exchange ie you get hospitality when away but you then also put people up / show them around look after them when they come over here or when other random punks turn up in the country, so if you use peoples houses to stay in dont be shy when you see people post on here looking for somewhere to stay or meet visitors after gigs etc. otherwise the whole thing falls apart.

how did i forget. go to basque country. get a cheap flight to
brodeaux (good 4 gigs i can give you contact) in france. aer lingus about €25 then head south and you'll be there in no time. or get to northwest of france
you can then see brittany,st malo priratetown loads of other shit. dunchies stones and head south through fance via bdx down to basque etc. if you do think of going here i can give you maps with good places marked on them etc.

basque country can be tricky to get around what with all the road signs painted over.

weeler said:
basque country can be tricky to get around what with all the road signs painted over.

not at all.easy peasy with a decent map.a good map will have place names in both languages anyway its all part of the charm.

Thought I'd bring this thread back up again for the summer months.

I'd love to get more sugestions on specific places to go in different cities.

This is what my route is probably gona be. 1-24 Aug. Flying to Barcelona, flying home from Paris.

Staying in Barcelona for 3 days

Then by train to:

Rome (3 days)
(Bari -Patra ferry)
Athens (2/3 days)
Belgrade (1 daytime)
Budapest (1 daytime)
Prague (1 day)
Berlin (1 day)
Copenhagen (2/3 days)
Amsterdam (1/2 days)
Paris (1 day)

Any reccommendations for those cities?

Dylan said:
Thought I'd bring this thread back up again for the summer months.

I'd love to get more sugestions on specific places to go in different cities.

This is what my route is probably gona be. 1-24 Aug. Flying to Barcelona, flying home from Paris.

Staying in Barcelona for 3 days

Then by train to:

Rome (3 days)
(Bari -Patra ferry)
Athens (2/3 days)
Belgrade (1 daytime)
Budapest (1 daytime)
Prague (1 day)
Berlin (1 day)
Copenhagen (2/3 days)
Amsterdam (1/2 days)
Paris (1 day)

Any reccommendations for those cities?

From my little experience i would suggest less travel and spend more than 1 day in more cities. You wont get a feel for it otherwise. Other option is to just go with the flow. Fly into barcelona and stay there for 23 days if you love it, or feck off after a day if you hate it. Thats what i did anyway. I had a good bit more time aswell and all i did was 3 cities in Holland, 3 in Germany, 1 in Poland, 1 in Austria, 3 in Italy and Corfu. Well, thats all i remember anyway. Portugal is beautiful aswell.

calm down dylan! you'll give yerself a hernia at that pace. You won't see anything and you'll spend the entire trip trying to catch trains to the next city. I think Barcelona can be a bit weird in the summer with all the ahem! 'locals' gone away for the summer, but tis a fine fine place. You wont believe the amount of shit going on there. I'd recommend staying in the north of spain and then going up the west coast of france to paris or else heading through the south of france to Italy, then maybe up through Switzerland and back to Paris. Really depends what kind of a buzz yer after. More info equals more help.

You really wont have time to do much more than find a hostel and then leave again the next day with the amount of time you're allowing yourself. Pick two or three stops and enjoy them. I found rome to be total crap btw.

Northern Spain (basque area), Barcelona, genoa and athens are deadly cities.

dylanerd, that sounds deadly, but im with the others - you need to give yourself more than a day in some of thsoe cities. take Budapest for example -one of the deadliest places I've ever been, and it would be wasted on you if you only gave it a day.

hmm ok. yeh i suppose i was sorta guessin. will have to re look at it.

The type of 'buzz' im after is the cultural aspect but also very much so the social aspect of it, whats goin on in places, which is why barcelona and copenhagen are definites.

:confused:

Dylan said:
hmm ok. yeh i suppose i was sorta guessin. will have to re look at it.

The type of 'buzz' im after is the cultural aspect but also very much so the social aspect of it, whats goin on in places, which is why barcelona and copenhagen are definites.

:confused:

europe is saturated with culture. you'll need more than a day in most of those places to soak it all up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back