EU Digital VAT Directive (1 Viewer)

Yeah I think it will effect smaller businesses it was a book publisher where I read it (who said also they will stop useing amazon) they do seem to want to know allot about the consumer though

Last edited:
It's a bigger issue for small-time direct sellers, I think. If you go through Amazon and the like I believe they already handle the VAT stuff per country.

amazon would have had to due to the law being if you sold in a year €35,000 to non-registered persons in one country of goods, then you were obliged to register for vat in that country
Distance Sales in EU

How can they expect everyone on bandcamp to register for vat and all that stuff?

I can barely write my name

from low point (record label). can't be the only ones...

Whilst the purpose of the new regulations being introduced is to stop large corporations such as Amazon, Apple, etc diverting sales through countries with lower rates of VAT, such as Luxembourg, unfortunately, the knock-on effect means that many thousands of small businesses and sole traders are also subject to the same regulations.

These regulations mean that any digital download sold via the Low Point Bandcamp store will require VAT adding for customers within the EU and traders will then be required by law to pay the added VAT back to the country of source. This would mean registering for VAT via the MOSS (Mini One Stop Shop) which will involve a great deal of paperwork.

These regulations would also mean that for every digital download sold, Low Point would be required to keep the billing address of the customer, the IP address of the device used, the location of the bank, the country code of SIM used by the customer and the location of the customer’s fixed land line through which the service is supplied to them and keep the data for 10 years. As this is a huge undertaking for a record label which is run by one person, Low Point will be unable to conform to these regulations.

With this in mind, from 1st January 2015 Low Point will no longer be selling digital downloads direct via the Low Point Bandcamp store.

from low point (record label). can't be the only ones...

If you’ve seen the recent news of changes to EU tax law, you may be wondering how this affects you as an artist or label selling on Bandcamp. The good news is that for digital sales, there is no need for you to register for VAT, submit quarterly reports, and so on. We will take care of all of that for you.

If you happened to see our earlier help item about this, we planned to roll out a temporary solution where artists submitted the tax themselves. We’ve decided to accelerate the changes to our system such that the interim step is unnecessary.

EU digital VAT changes and Bandcamp « The Bandcamp Blog

Thank feck for that.

But still.FUCK THIS SHIT.

Jazes christ its hard enough to make a few bob from yer tunes as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back