Estel last night... (1 Viewer)

i saw em in limerick with apes and party of helicopters and they were my favourite of the three bands. real good shit.
the song where ivan makes the dr. dre keyboard sound is really cool.

fuck guitars.

andrew

they were class
definitely the best gig ive been to in ages
and that two drummer style was excellent

drunk as a sailor afterwards!

throwing up like a sailor this morning tho :(

Damnit I wish I'd been at this. Circumstances beyond my control prevented me, unfortunately. Is the album available to buy in Road (or anywhere else) yet?

i couldn't make this but nonetheless, i think estel are amazing live. i've heard the album and i don't think it does justice to their live performances. i really like the way they've employed singing on this one, it makes the new cd much more varied an interesting than the first one but i think the new one could have been recorded and mixed slightly better... but only because i already know what they CAN sound like.

Originally posted by AlphaRelish
i couldn't make this but nonetheless, i think estel are amazing live. i've heard the album and i don't think it does justice to their live performances. i really like the way they've employed singing on this one, it makes the new cd much more varied an interesting than the first one but i think the new one could have been recorded and mixed slightly better... but only because i already know what they CAN sound like.

Have you heard the check remix? Cus I tink thoes CD people did some mastering of der own loike for the released copy.

Originally posted by AlphaRelish

I don't think they sound like CAN at all...

haw haw haw

i cunt go cos i had Aids of my thoughts. which is not nice, believe me.
still, hope to get the lp today, though they should record elsewhere for the records they deserve.
i think ivan overdoes the one-trick theromin live buh...
sort of takes over, but nice in places.

but what the fuck do i know?

me=PRICKHOLE!

I got hold of the CD yesterday. Some immense tunes, and the production is an awful lot better than the first album, which really helps. Liking it a lot, at the moment particularly King of Casual Vomit (I think this would make great film music), Nuisance Midget, Drive me to Hell.. I'm not that keen on the paranoid rant over My Raymond but the other track with vocals works quite well. The only recording that I don't think lives up to the live shows is 'I Have Drown Eyes', the keyboard's too buried in the mix or something. Mostly it's excellent though, the band seems to have really moved on a lot in the last 2 years.

Originally posted by the bearded lady
it means blow it out your a-hole.

As helpful as ever Ross, As helpful as ever!! I was only asking a simple, honest question

But, I'll tell you what....I'll blow it out my a-hole and you can pay Steve Albini to record it and put it out through Julius Geezer as the next Joan of Arse Record (It'll sound better than the other pile of out-of-tune shit you've released to date). Except for the drums of course (Joss is a genius drummer!!). Maybe you could call it "The windbags are in the gallery sharpening their turds"

You aspiring arty 'prick':D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back