Electricity (1 Viewer)

it's for my lathe - which does not have a predictable power drain at all. it's rated to a max 1.5kW, but is very much on/off/on/off/on/off; and even when running i have no clear idea of how much it's drawing; it won't need a full horsepower to spin a small piece without resistance at 1,000RPM, for example.

but given it's stated ability to cost me up to 50c an hour to run, it'd be good to get a good estimate.

it's for my lathe - which does not have a predictable power drain at all. it's rated to a max 1.5kW, but is very much on/off/on/off/on/off; and even when running i have no clear idea of how much it's drawing; it won't need a full horsepower to spin a small piece without resistance at 1,000RPM, for example.

but given it's stated ability to cost me up to 50c an hour to run, it'd be good to get a good estimate.

I'm 90% certain the above machine will do that check for you - but I can check possibly. I'm just not sure is it in the work box or the house or the other house...

A 10 quid smart plug with energy monitoring will definitely produce that kind of data for you. Not exactly a huge deal to have to look at an app to get it.

1715854449058.png

Also was thinking of changing to Airtricity when our contract is up in September but electric Ireland offered me a new 12 month contract with a monthly discount of 21% which I could opt to sign up immediately. Result

Also was thinking of changing to Airtricity when our contract is up in September but electric Ireland offered me a new 12 month contract with a monthly discount of 21% which I could opt to sign up immediately. Result
Im going with Bord Gais for their sweet sweet 3 hours of super cheap EV charging overnight.

yeah so far this month we've sold back approx €50 worth of wall pixies. Hoping these hot spells completely offset a winter month

Just got our monthly bill. Net €50 which has brought our account up to €88 in credit. Last week We resigned back up to electric Ireland (12 month contract) as they were offending a 22% monthly discount. If we continue like this AND get government subsidies this winter I'm not sure we'll ever run up a bill again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back