Electric Picnic 2014 (1 Viewer)

I suppose it's good to know that they're not being sold as a bad live show.

"There’s nothing frightening about Indie rock band THE HORRORS being added to this year’s Picnic line-up. The five-piece stunned crowds at their last Picnic performance when they debuted a previously unheard single ‘Endless Blue’. History was made that day in Stradbally. Will it be repeated? Their new album ‘Luminous’ was released earlier this month."

"Make sure you pack your milkshakes, Picknicers as R&B Queen KELIS is leaving ‘the yard’ for the rolling fields of Stradbally! Multi-award winning artist Kelis released her first studio album ‘Kaleidoscope’ in 1998 and since then has achieved international acclaim for her art, having received a BRIT Award for the Best International Breakthrough Act and an NME Award for Best R&B/Soul Act in 2001. Kelis has just released her 6th studio album ‘Food’ which will certainly give fans something tasty to digest. Armed with a mixed bag of jazz, soul, urban and funk musical influences, she is sure to be a tasty treat for Picnickers this year. "

That is almost offensively bad copy.

Is it bad on purpose?

I have an artist pass to this year's EP and I can't go :(

That is almost offensively bad copy.

Is it bad on purpose?

I have an artist pass to this year's EP and I can't go :(

who else would you like to know about?

"Known to be one of Ireland’s best live acts, HAM SANDWICH really are the best thing since sliced bread. The combination of Niamh Farrell’s powerful yet sweet vocals paired with the contrasting baritone of Podge McNamee makes for perfect ingredients. And it really wouldn’t be a proper picnic basket without the very tasty Ham Sandwich!"

who else would you like to know about?

"Known to be one of Ireland’s best live acts, HAM SANDWICH really are the best thing since sliced bread. The combination of Niamh Farrell’s powerful yet sweet vocals paired with the contrasting baritone of Podge McNamee makes for perfect ingredients. And it really wouldn’t be a proper picnic basket without the very tasty Ham Sandwich!"

Holy moley. So it's totally deliberate.

Kids these days. Pfft.

"Scottish post-rock band MOGWAI, are pumped up and ready to set their newest ‘Rave Tapes’ ablaze on craving ears this Picnic. This will be the quintet’s third time to take to Stradbally and once again aim to transmit their spellbinding, soothing serenades across the land. With a dose of dynamically contrasting, lengthy guitar-based instrumentals, dowsed in heavy distortion effects, Braithwaite and co. will no doubt leave festival goers mellowed and Mog-merised. After all, they never fail to deliver ‘Happy Songs For Happy People’."

"Scottish post-rock band MOGWAI, are pumped up and ready to set their newest ‘Rave Tapes’ ablaze on craving ears this Picnic. This will be the quintet’s third time to take to Stradbally and once again aim to transmit their spellbinding, soothing serenades across the land. With a dose of dynamically contrasting, lengthy guitar-based instrumentals, dowsed in heavy distortion effects, Braithwaite and co. will no doubt leave festival goers mellowed and Mog-merised. After all, they never fail to deliver ‘Happy Songs For Happy People’."

Is the joke that no one ever reads these things?

I agree with No 7, whoever writes the copy for these announcements needs to be taken out back and shot. Or have all their literacy skills revoked.

what about this one?

EP Festivals is pleased to report that an agreement has been reached between POD Music and Festival Republic Dublin regarding Electric Picnic. As part of the agreement, POD Music, a co-shareholder in Electric Picnic, has agreed to divest its stake to Festival Republic Dublin. Festival Republic Dublin would like to thank John Reynolds, director of POD Music, for his contribution to the successful development of Electric Picnic and wish him well for the future. Electric Picnic looks forward to welcoming its fans for this year's event on 29th August 2014 for three days with Portishead, Outcast, Beck, Foals, Pet Shop Boys, Paolo Nutini, Chic featuring Nile Rodgers, Lily Allen, Blondie, Simple Minds, Sinead O'Connor, Mogwai, James Murphy and many more.......

what about this one?

EP Festivals is pleased to report that an agreement has been reached between POD Music and Festival Republic Dublin regarding Electric Picnic. As part of the agreement, POD Music, a co-shareholder in Electric Picnic, has agreed to divest its stake to Festival Republic Dublin. Festival Republic Dublin would like to thank John Reynolds, director of POD Music, for his contribution to the successful development of Electric Picnic and wish him well for the future. Electric Picnic looks forward to welcoming its fans for this year's event on 29th August 2014 for three days with Portishead, Outcast, Beck, Foals, Pet Shop Boys, Paolo Nutini, Chic featuring Nile Rodgers, Lily Allen, Blondie, Simple Minds, Sinead O'Connor, Mogwai, James Murphy and many more.......

I'm reading that as Reynolds getting kicked off his own festival.

Posted already elsewhere but fuck it, great tune

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

as soon as the youngfella hears the opening strings he stops whatever he's doing and starts dancing

unknown mortal orchestra

i'm addicted to them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That song is not the worst (Clean Bandit that is) - which surprises me because when I saw them on Jools I hated it so much I came close to vomiting all over the television.

I had never heard it before today. I'm not especially impressed by it but have now had that violin riff in my head for about 3 hours. Last.fm seems to think I listened to it about 20 times.

Four of us are going and are thinking of hiring a campervan. We all need new tents so it might not be that much dearer. There are still campervan tickets left.

Is the campervan site far from the main car parks? Two of us will be driving our own cars down. I presume we don't all have to arrive at the same time in the campervan to gain admittance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back