Electric Picnic 2008 (1 Viewer)

was pissed off at myself for missing juana molina but highlights for me were definitely sigur ros and of course MBV again. liked that they varied the set from when i saw them in london. also, what do people think of bilinda cutting her hair!!!

Really? the set was identical to Barrowlands only missing a few songs. Bilinda's a ride pure and simple, possibly even cuter with short hair.

i didnt experience any kind of nanny state, never had a problem lugging in as much booze as was physically possible into the site at all. there need to be more toilets but i pride myself on not having used the Long Drop ones at all this year. last year's experiences had scarred me. portaloos were generally cleaner.
over all, amazing weekend. all i ate was falafel laden with hummus from the veggie stand. maris finns chips with beans and cheese are also amazing at 2am.

those falafels were amazing. agree about the nanny state thing, didn't notice much of it. The jax in blue were actually grand in the morning. The queueing obviously is a pain though, there should have been more.

look who was watching mbv at the picnic

2823208850_ca3f68d6e0_b.jpg

what a fucking wanker. i passed him a few times around the artist area and he just walks around checking everyone out.
i betcha he's looking at bilinda going:

'hey kid, youve got potential'

Two hi-larious anecdotes from a friend who was staying in same hotel (hotel! sleeping in someone else's piss not good enough for ya?) as MBV:

-- Kevin Shield's's's Da got into a row with Louis Walsh, as he tryed to defend his son's band. Louis's's argument was "yeah but they didn't sell any records!" (For the record, I love Louis Walsh (and anything else to do with X-Factor) and the guy had a point - hey this is show BUSINESS after all! (*cough* Carter Twins) (I still think Louis is great (and marvel how he only gets slightly more camp with each passing year)))

-- Friend accosted K.Shields and asked why their gigs are so loud. "They're not that loud" replies Kevin, the wagster!

i like the story jim carroll had, that shields was having his lunch with his parents in some hotel on monday, his admonishing him that he should try and say "hello" and "thank you" to the crowd a little more

i like the story jim carroll had, that shields was having his lunch with his parents in some hotel on monday, his admonishing him that he should try and say "hello" and "thank you" to the crowd a little more

I'd say he said at least 5 times as many words on Sunday night than when I saw them in London.

His dad lives in Drogheda these days I think. Someone I know was talking to him a few months back not knowing exactly who is and he started talking about how his son was in a band and they'd started playing together again for the first time in years but that they put out an album years ago that lots of people seemed to like. He got quite the shock when he asked him who his son's band was.

look who was watching mbv at the picnic

2823208850_ca3f68d6e0_b.jpg

saw him being driven around in a gold (ha! meant to say golf!!! typo, and it stays) cart. tool.

also, get all the thumpeders with their "when I was in the VIP/artist/non-feral area"

!zed!zed!zed!zed:rolleyes:

also the guy in the leather jacket looks a bit like john reynolds

saw him being driven around in a gold (ha! meant to say golf!!! typo, and it stays) cart. tool.

also, get all the thumpeders with their "when I was in the VIP/artist/non-feral area"

!zed!zed!zed!zed:rolleyes:

also the guy in the leather jacket looks a bit like john reynolds

is someone a little bitter.

they are that annoying because they know it riles up kids like you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland