Electric Picnic 2008 (1 Viewer)

Supoib!! Had a mad laff...

Just depressed its over. Lacking portaloos in yellow was a shit buzz for sure...

Best I seen were

Silver Apples, Modeselektor, Grinderman, Faust, Herbaliser, Congos, Elbow.....

Jaysus that was a great laugh. Although it occurred to me that it wasn't till saturday night that I saw a band with a guitar. Silver Apples, Faust, These New Puritans, MBV and Modeselektor definitely the highlights. Sigur Ros were so bloody boring that I left bout half way through.
The ferris wheel at 4 in the morning was great, brillers to see the whole site.
They most certainly need to make the area bigger, always felt like there were too many people everywhere.

I got the impression that there were fewer people in the tents, crowding the main arena etc... which made it look like there were more people around. 32,000 last year and 35,000 this year wasn't it?

highs :
- modeslektor, and there version of hyper hyper working much better live than i thought it would
- roni size and represent
- giles armstrongs old school set
- diplo and there stage invasion
- finding the psytrance rave
- fiest, ops i mean faust. we need more chainsaws, power drills and grass thrown into the crowd.
- blagging into lost vagueness back stage area
- body and soul ( how much work went into that place?)

mids
- managing to miss the rain
- pie minister
- soco cocktails
- grace jones being so late on stage people started to boo.
- cryastal castes ( yawn ) why are they popular ?

Low
- the pissing tree near the main arena
- toilets in general, i don't think any festival of that size can get it right.
- only finding the salty dog sallon with the ship in the forest on the last day
- security always finding my drink
- pussy parlor, who do you have to fuck / kill to get a drink in there
- giant picnic basket / nokia marketing area -- sit down have a beer and read about how great nokia is !!!
- back to work monday morning ouch
- smart cunts dreased up as stuff, yes i am looking at you scooby doo and hell raiser.
- complete lack of line ups for smaller stages like arcadia, tir na ghasta smaller stages around the place.

over all it was good fun, loads of people whinging about the tough stance on booze and early bar times. in fairness you can bring as much drink as you want into the campsite dance area, forest rave, tir na ghasta, salty dog sallon.

anyone stay in oscar wilde campsite that looked like hell on earth ?

anyone stay in oscar wilde campsite that looked like hell on earth ?

Yep yep I did, it was loadsa fun, there was always music, I never had to wait too long for a toilet and it was really close to the entrance so I didn't have to carry my shit too far. Thats pretty much all I wanted for the weekend

Everyone is saying this, weird, I though it was less crowded than last year.

It only got really crowded late on. People seemed happy to hang around the campsites during the day. Even in the early evenings when the majority would come into the arena it seemed loads would just sit out in the grass outside the tents rather than go in. It was only really after dark that the hordes headed for the stages.

i was an EP virgin and i had a great auld time.

awesome:
- sigur ros. ye have to be into it i suppose, but i thought they were superb. sound was top too.
- saturday for 2.00 till 2.30!
- juana molina. my "find" of the weekend.
- jape. in general, but i loved how he ended the set with that phil lynott song. goosebumps.
- the food! eat fat pig and wok and roll in particular. i also had some superb toasted sambos!
- wilco! used their time fantastically well. i love the tweedy banter but he just concentrated on playing. great set.
- the spook on sunday. finished my weekend off on a high! MBV aint got nutthin on the spook.
- the sound on the main stage. i heard the pistols sounded crap, but everything i heard there was great.
- paulaner!
- you're only massive. meabh had no voice on sunday so it was mainly mc megan and meabh just leaping around. the addition of the guitar with heavy use of digiwhammy made is sound like joe satriani was rockin with the massive. such fun.
- rollins
- the breeders

not awesome:
- the gutter twins. they looked rushed and disinterested. sound was terrible. i was really looking forward to this.
- the security. i didn't have any big problems, but they were not very helpful. heard lots 'dunno' and 'haven't a clue' responses to questions you could reasonably expect a security guard to know.
- stephen malkmus and the jicks. foolishly plumped for them over grinderman. love the new album, but this was really boring.
- mound clashing with oppenheimer and somadrone. splitting the local crowd!!!

my enjoyment of the weekend was greatly enhanced by arriving there with no hassle at all and not having to queue. also having access to artist camping just behind the main stage. this meant i never queued for toilets, didn't spend much on beer and rarely had to deal directly with security. not sure how much i would have enjoyed it had we not been playing and had to worry about smuggling cans after 10 and had to deal with a loud messy campsite.

Jaysus that was a great laugh. Although it occurred to me that it wasn't till saturday night that I saw a band with a guitar. Silver Apples, Faust, These New Puritans, MBV and Modeselektor definitely the highlights. Sigur Ros were so bloody boring that I left bout half way through.

the first half of sigur ros was really boring, then it mysteriously became quite good at the end so i'm glad i didn't succumb to the urge to flee. i think they started with some of their wafty stuff which just sounds terribly pompous at outdoor-gig levels. i suspect the addition of shedloads of brass towards the end helped.

my enjoyment of the weekend was greatly enhanced by arriving there with no hassle at all and not having to queue. also having access to artist camping just behind the main stage. this meant i never queued for toilets, didn't spend much on beer and rarely had to deal directly with security. not sure how much i would have enjoyed it had we not been playing and had to worry about smuggling cans after 10 and had to deal with a loud messy campsite.

you'd have survived. you're festival hardcore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland