Electric Picnic 2007 thread (2 Viewers)

Here, did anybody buy alcohol from the onsite off licence?
We brought little or no cans with us on the presumption that we could buy it there (didn't order in advance).

Went up to the off licence around 4pm on Friday to be robotically and callously told 'we are sold out, pre-orders only'.
We informed the staff there that the official website clearly stated that alcohol could be purchased from the off licence all weekend in addition to it being reserved in advance. This statement was met with glazed eyes and a vacant stare.

We ended up ringing mates who were still en route and asked them to pop into Tesco for us so we got sorted anyway but still….

If they opened EP up on the thursday, that'd do me. I'd like more time to do the shite that isn't music.

Yeah, its very hard to get an appreciation of all that other stuff going on, even just an afternoon of cinema tents, circuses, leviathan, whatever all that other shite, without constantly feeling your missing some class tunes

Here, did anybody buy alcohol from the onsite off licence?
We brought little or no cans with us on the presumption that we could buy it there (didn't order in advance).

Went up to the off licence around 4pm on Friday to be robotically and callously told 'we are sold out, pre-orders only'.
We informed the staff there that the official website clearly stated that alcohol could be purchased from the off licence all weekend in addition to it being reserved in advance. This statement was met with glazed eyes and a vacant stare.

We ended up ringing mates who were still en route and asked them to pop into Tesco for us so we got sorted anyway but still….

I ordered mine and picked it up fine. They told us that they would be selling it after six on saturday. I don't know if they meant they would be selling what hadn't been picked up or if there was more....

I was grand by Wednesday. Got a surf in Wednesday evening which got rid of the last of the cobwebs.

For shame! You're only as old as you feel.

More thinking of young thoughts everyone.

its alright for you missy..yr only 7!!!:)

i was bolloxed tired by sunday night and the kids at the tents beside us could just keep on going..and my oldness was confirmed when i saw some peeps drinking at 9.30 on the monday morning and i actually said 'how are they drinking so early?'..to which my boy looked at me witheringly and said 'they're probably still going from last night'..i swear to god that never even crossed my mind..im so old!!

its alright for you missy..yr only 7!!!:)

i was bolloxed tired by sunday night and the kids at the tents beside us could just keep on going..and my oldness was confirmed when i saw some peeps drinking at 9.30 on the monday morning and i actually said 'how are they drinking so early?'..to which my boy looked at me witheringly and said 'they're probably still going from last night'..i swear to god that never even crossed my mind..im so old!!

I'm 7 and a bit ;)

I was exhausted on Friday night, but that was from a horrible week in work and not enough sleep. I probably got around 7 hours sleep on Friday and Saturday night and 2 and a half on Monday morning. Was a little tired on Monday evening but not more than if I'd had a fairly quiet weekend and been at work on Monday.

I find that at things like this the key is to drink steadily (except when you're asleep) but without losing control. :D

I'm 7 and a bit ;)

I was exhausted on Friday night, but that was from a horrible week in work and not enough sleep. I probably got around 7 hours sleep on Friday and Saturday night and 2 and a half on Monday morning. Was a little tired on Monday evening but not more than if I'd had a fairly quiet weekend and been at work on Monday.

I find that at things like this the key is to drink steadily (except when you're asleep) but without losing control. :D

How old exactly are you Squiggle?

I just remembered something idiotic that I did at Electric Picnic... I left my handbag filled with cash, cards, phone, camera, etc. OUTSIDE my tent for ABOUT FOUR HOURS while I and my entourage were off boogying. I was pretty surprised to see it sitting there when we got back, everything still in it. Ah, I'm awful stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back