Electric Picnic 2007 thread (3 Viewers)

That doesn't sound all that great. In theory it's alright, but what if you head up the front for dancing? Even if you bring yer cup with you, it'll be a pain in the hole and you'll probably end up losing it. You'll end up shelling out €3 a couple times a day and the place will be littered with the things which could dodgy to people in sandles if they get smashed. That said, if yer crafty, you could probably pick up a load of them all over the shop and let it pay for your booze all weekend.

yeah, sounds like pie - in - the - sky carbon footprint bollocks to me. What is it with music festivals and this green shit, it sickens me, because ultimately they are just an exercise in waste production...and that's how I like them

Yep..

well these token gestures of environmentalism at 90% of recent music festivals just seem bollocks to me...Damien Rice's carbon neutral zone last year? Give me a break

word is the site is muddy as fuck. regardless of the weather they are expecting a quagmire. bring it on....

quagmire.jpg

Maybe it will be possible to bring the cup back after enjoying your 1/2 litre sized drink and ask for your deposit back, and pay the deposit again next time you get a drink - or will that be against the rules?

Edit: Either way it sounds much better for everyone that walking on a bed of crushed polythene cups. The carpet of cans that each of the tents in Leechrum accumulated each night was amazing to behold. Fair play to the volunteers who cleaned up the mess every morning.

They could do a buyback on plastic cups like in roskilde. 10c per cup if i remember, and the cardboard things that you use to carry ten cups netted you somewhere around 60c. Crate of bottles got you a nice bit of cash too. End result: seven days and i never once seen a plastic cup on the ground (also: loads of gypsy kids running around with bin bags picking the things off the ground).

I was at a 'thing' in fairyhouse in either 2001 or 2002, and I remember sinking an empty bottle of buckfast completely into liquid mud outside my tent on saturday morning, and by monday morning following the only hot weekend we had that summer the ground had completely solidified around it..like concrete, encasing the bucky bottle in its mucky tomb for future generations..

that was witness i think.

What's the buzz with the car pass? I think I'll get one of these, but I won't be driving.

yeah, sounds like pie-in-the-sky carbon footprint bollocks to me. What is it with music festivals and this green shit, it sickens me, because ultimately they are just an exercise in waste production...and that's how I like them
Don't be stupid, dude. It might not work, but it's worth a try and fair play to the Elec Pic folks for giving it a shot

Yep..

well these token gestures of environmentalism at 90% of recent music festivals just seem bollocks to me...Damien Rice's carbon neutral zone last year? Give me a break

If they really gave a fuck they'd be carbon negative and remove more carbon from the enviroment than they put into it.

If they really gave a fuck they'd be carbon negative and remove more carbon from the enviroment than they put into it.

So, because they're not improving the environment they shouldn't take any steps at all to try and limit the damage that they do? This kind of logic just cracks me up.

I wonder do they factor in all the light/heat/hot water not used in peoples houses for the weekend cause everyone is sleeping in a tent for the weekend.

Plus the fat that people are not zipping around in their cars all weekend.

In facts don't crustys live like they are at a festival all year round and claim they are doing great things for the envoronment.

So, because they're not improving the environment they shouldn't take any steps at all to try and limit the damage that they do? This kind of logic just cracks me up.

They don't have to make a big deal out of it. Advertising events as being carbon neutral just seems like they're looking for a pat on the back.

Don't be stupid, dude. It might not work, but it's worth a try and fair play to the Elec Pic folks for giving it a shot

well suppose, but i think it amounts to little more than conciense massaging futile little gestures in the face of a huge almost unstoppable juggernaut of climate change that can only possibly be stopped now by a massive pan-global revolution in how this entire planet operates starting from the top down. A change on a scale never before seen, and in a short frame of time.

better they did something for a local charity

They don't have to make a big deal out of it. Advertising events as being carbon neutral just seems like they're looking for a pat on the back.

Maybe they think it will be easier to have at least a few people aware of how the system is going to work beforethe event than to have to explain to everyone as they queue for their first drink.

well suppose, but i think it amounts to little more than conciense massaging futile little gestures in the face of a huge almost unstoppable juggernaut of climate change that can only possibly be stopped now by a massive pan-global revolution in how this entire planet operates starting from the top down. A change on a scale never before seen, and in a short frame of time.

I repeat
So, because they're not improving the environment they shouldn't take any steps at all to try and limit the damage that they do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back