Electric Picnic 2007 thread (1 Viewer)

word is the site is muddy as fuck. regardless of the weather they are expecting a quagmire. bring it on....

Yeah but it wont stay muddy for two weeks unless it rains heavily between now and then. Land like that will dry out in a week at this time of year, easily. Fuck bringing it on lads..I'm not able for muddy shite, not able for it at all...

Yep, well two solid weeks of dry weather anyways, according to various newspapers, radio stations and weather websites, the consensus is pretty much that that is what we are in for! Hope so anyways, regardless of EP, general dry weather is a novelty I am craving

oh, according to banter on the EP forums the following acts are playing at the same time

Modest Mouse and Bjork

Beastie Boys and Chemical Bros

Deerhoof, Spiritualized and the Jesus and Mary Chain (if this one is true it pisses me off bigstyle)

It'd want to be scorching for the next two weeks to dry out the site, unless the soil is very light. There are big puddles in the fields all around us, my da found a drowned hedgehog in a field last week.

I reckon I'll bring my wellies

It'd want to be scorching for the next two weeks to dry out the site, unless the soil is very light. There are big puddles in the fields all around us, my da found a drowned hedgehog in a field last week. I reckon I'll bring my wellies

How bad is it? Unless there is an awful lot of surface water I cant see why it wouldnt be reasonably firm in a week.

I hear its 60 euro for 24 Heineken, which isn't particularly cheap. Is there some major advantage of pre-ordering the drink? It sounds like one extra queue to me, with the potential for fucking up orders in addition. What's wrong with bringing your own?

I was ordering Kopparberg so it's better value, only a quid or two more expensive than normal. And since I'm getting the train down it's a hell of a lot less weight to carry. Apparently they're adding wine at a later date

I was at a 'thing' in fairyhouse in either 2001 or 2002, and I remember sinking an empty bottle of buckfast completely into liquid mud outside my tent on saturday morning, and by monday morning following the only hot weekend we had that summer the ground had completely solidified around it..like concrete, encasing the bucky bottle in its mucky tomb for future generations..

BOUTI*QUE FESTIVAL said:
ELECTRIC PICNIC ECO CUP

Electric Picnic is introducing the most ecologically-sound cup system available at the bars this year. The system replaces pint-sized plastic or paper cups with polypropylene hard plastic cups which can be used over 100 times before being fully recycled. Compared to alternative cups which are produced then disposed or recycled after one use, Eco Cups offer the minimum impact on the environment.

THE SYSTEM

· Customers purchasing a half-litre sized drink at any of the bars pay a €3 deposit for the Eco-Cup on top of the drink cost for only their first drink

· When buying further drinks the customer exchanges their old cup for a new one at no extra cost

· At the end of the night people have a choice of either a full refund or taking the cup home with them.

There are a number of special commemorative Electric Picnic pint cups; if you are lucky enough to receive one please feel free to keep it! You can bring it back next year if you wish when we can exchange it for a brand new one!

aint that nice? Not really sure what happens at the 100 uses mark, explodes or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back