Eggs, eggs, eggs are looking for a good time (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1
That Lemon Tart I made for the last sociable cooking uses 1/2 a dozen.

Alternatively you can make quiche and freeze it.

I also have an amazing vanilla icecream recipe at home - no cook and you don't need an ice cream maker.

Let me know if you're interested in either of the dessert recipies and I'll post them later.

helebrant_vejcex.jpg

If you could send me them recipes that would great.

thanks

i think some form of omlette is on the menu for tonight. I discovered if you put a bit of soy sauce in the mix it tastes lovely
why not plant them in the garden and grow some chickens?

There is also a way of doing 1000 Year Old Eggs without all of the faffing aboout with different kinds of ash but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere.

edit found it:

Even though the traditional method is still widely practiced, modern understanding of the chemistry behind the formation of century eggs has led to many simplifications in the recipe. For instance soaking the eggs in a brine of salt and lye for 10 days followed by several weeks of aging while wrapped in plastic is said to achieve the same effect as the traditional method. This is true to the extent that egg curing in both new and traditional methods is accomplished by introducing alkali hydroxide ions and sodium into the egg. Connoisseurs, however, argue that the use of different tea, wood ashes and local clay gives the century eggs a more delectable taste and a characteristic terroir.

Spanish Tortilla will use up 6-8 eggs.

pdftortilla05.jpg

Will also involve lots of olive/sunflower oil, a deep pan, 6-8 potatoes very thinly sliced then fried in batches and drained, well seasoned beaten egg and a little milk mixture poured over the potatoes, then a steady hand and nerves of STEEL (also a plate and a tea-towel) when it comes to flipping that sucker over. Just make sure the egg is fairly well set before flippin time.

hey squiggs, could you send me this as well?

Will do

On the spanish omlette thing, you can also do a variation, fry up onions, mushrooms, tomatos peppers etc, pour the egg over as above... and I usually top with herbs and cheese and stick under a grill to finish off (which saves the turning over trouble)

Do a rapeh omleh with

onion
Spinach
Mushroom
Mixed peppers

slice a tomato and place your slices on top, crumble some goats cheese and add some chopped parsley - slide under grill for a minute or 2 to finish off then BANG! In yer gob.

Egg raid on mojo!
Egg raid on mojo!
Egg raid on mojo!
Egg raid on mojo!

We dressed all in black. We snuk up around the back. We began to
attack. The eggs they cracked on mojo's back. Go!!

Gonna fight! Gonna fight! Gonna egg raid tonight!
Gonna fight! Gonna fight! Gonna egg raid tonight!
Egg raid! Gonna die! Eat up mojo al the time!!

Two recipes from Bord Bia's site

http://www.bordbia.ie/go/Consumers/Recipes/Holidays/christmas/brunch.html

Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Bacon and Cheese

A special treat
  • 3-4 streaky rashers, chopped
  • 4-6 eggs
  • 2 tablesp. cream (optional)
  • Black pepper
  • 25g (1 oz) hard cheese e.g. Regato, grated
  • 1 tablesp. basil or chives, chopped
scramble.jpg
Serves 4
To Cook: Cook the bacon in a non-stick dry pan until crispy. Meanwhile whisk the eggs in a bowl with the cream and a little black pepper. Add this to the crispy bacon and continue to scramble over a gentle heat. Just before it sets add the cheese and basil/ chives and mix.

----

Eggs Benedict

• 4 thick slices cooked ham
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 muffins or thick slices of bread
  • Fennel or chives to garnish
Hollandaise Sauce
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 teasp. lemon juice
  • 125g (5 oz) butter
benedict.jpg
Serves 4
To Cook: Wrap the ham in tin foil and heat gently in a low oven Next poach the eggs and keep warm. Toast the muffins or bread and keep warm.
Now make the Hollandaise Sauce: Put egg yolks and lemon juice in a food processor, switch on and process until the mixture is creamy. Melt the butter until it is sizzling hot. Keep the processor running and slowly pour in the melted butter.
Now assemble - first the toasted muffin, then the warm ham, next the poached egg and then spoon the sauce over the eggs. Garnish each plate with a sprig of fennel or some chives. Serve immediately.

Easy:

Put rakes of cooking oil in the pan. About a half inch's worth. Use lard if you have nothing else, or want to go "old-fashioned".

Crack egg with one hand and let the slimey bit that comes out fall into the pan.

Let it simmer for a bit. Using a tea-spoon, scoop some of the oil over the yellow bit until it gets covered in a whitish film of greasey loveliness.

Use a spatula to flip the egg onto a piece of toast. Have another piece of toast to dip into the egg.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back