Ed Byrne (1 Viewer)

chucklevision_2.jpg

swingkid said:
neiljanet.jpg

neil hamburger...
anyone?
Oh, yes, indeed. Yes, yes, yes.

Do you have his Great Phone Calls CD? Even though it's not the same as the zipper-schtick, it's fucking classic. I amuse myself by reciting the calls in my head, sometimes just repeating phrases like 'pickle potato' over and over again.

Did Yakov Smirnov, Soviet comedian from the 80s, ever make it over here? His catchphrase was, 'Vat a country!', and his current whereabouts are truly tragic.

I used to have a cd (untill it was knicked) of Woody Allen doing his stand up act... parts of it had me crippled so it did...
Anto, you ever seen Black Books? classic stuff... Was he that funney in school?

Neil Hamburger! THaaaaaaaaaaaatsss myyy lifeeeee
i should root that shit out again
I know of Yakov Smirnov but i think mostly through 'king of the hill'
and othe tv shows
yers,
andrew 'dice' fogarty

I think Tommy Tiernan is amazing.
Never a good idea to go see a guy do the same material more than once though I think - even with stuff on film/record it loses most of its funniness after the first time (e.g. Father Ted)

first two series of black books were hilarious. the third one was painful though, seeing such funny people perform such shite material.

Jerry Seinfeld is an amazing stand-up comedian. Forget about whether you like his show or not and check out "I'm Telling You For The Last Time" or the documentary "Comedian" where he throws out his entire set and starts back at the bottom playing the comedy clubs he started in until he has a complete set of new material.

Also, he never swears. He knows it's neither big or clever.

Ian said:
I used to have a cd (untill it was knicked) of Woody Allen doing his stand up act... parts of it had me crippled so it did...
Oh Christ yes. Him and Seinfeld are the only ones I'd ever listen to.

But that said, when they made fun of Seinfeld in Family Guy once I also laughed heartily coz it was so true.

Woody runs rings around all of them though.

Or at least, ran rings...

he'll have the last laugh tho, boning his 14 year old Asian wife all the way to the cemetary...

Wilbert said:
Also, he never swears. He knows it's neither big or clever.
yeah..its kind of weird when you realise it. he seems to have gone a bit insane though..what with his billion dollars, gold house, rocket car etc.

roxy said:
Oh Christ yes. Him and Seinfeld are the only ones I'd ever listen to.

But that said, when they made fun of Seinfeld in Family Guy once I also laughed heartily coz it was so true.

Woody runs rings around all of them though.

Or at least, ran rings...
ran rings... RAN RINGS!!! why i oughta... just cos he has a kid by his ex girlfriend, mother to his other kid's daughter and noone goes to his movies anymore dosent mean there not still as good you know...

and Seinfeld is muck... family guy rules all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back