Ed Byrne (1 Viewer)

he did one good thing: told a joke to a bunch of fogies and nobody laughed, he then said "that was a funny joke, youre wrong not to laugh!"

I know his brother.

is it me or 90% of stand-up comedy complete arse? even the ones who are really acclaimed... i mean, emo phillips is supposed to be amazing and when i saw him i actually thought he was the world's first Down Sydrome stand up comedian. Then i realised his jokes are just shit and he has to tell them in a stupid voice.

Any stand up comedian who isn't Bill Hicks can fuck right off.
That Ed Byrne cunt should be buried alive. Given a choice between watching his 'set' or being pushed back into my mother's womb, I'd pick my Ma's gee any day.

Bill Hicks, havent heard him come out with anything good for years... Yet somehow somwhere some marketing genious still manages to flog brief repatoir to the public almost every few months... I don't think he'd be too happy with that... Respect him and stop buying his products...

Ed Byrne... hmmm... theres a funny one... I was in out of the country for a few months a couple of years ago and he was featured on a stand up show on the local telly... Perhaps it was because i was away from Ireland for a good while, but i was in hysterics... I thought he was brilliant (this is in his long hair days), he was on this show a couple of times...

but in anyways, when i comes back to de awl emerald eyle, me and me budz head on out to the Gayity for his show... it was poor to say the least... all the old scetches from the tv poorly strung together... it was allright, laughed a bit, but not brilliant... Now i couldent be arsed with him...

First time I saw Tommy Tiernan i did indeed nearly die... Funnyest comidian i've ever seen next to the Arab guy doing standup two months after 9/11 in the comidy club in london.. jeysus i nearly pissed myself

Ah, i agree with Ian on Bill Hicks. He was fuckin hilarious but they milk him more than they milk fuckin jeff buckley.

but yeah, if you ask me Rich Hall is the only stand up comedian that can actually make me laugh out loud. Tommy Tiernan is funny but tells the same jokes repeatedly ad nauseum. The only reason most stand up comedians get anywhere is cos their audience is pissed off their trees and are detirmined to have a laugh if it kills them.

Bill Bailey's fuckin cool though.

But that is it.

Ross Noble is very funny, he doesn't really come across that funny on tv but i've seen him live twice and laughed my ass off.

I saw tommy tiernan about 6 years ago and he was fantastic

bill bailey is deadly alright. Im a big eddie izzard fan..benefits of a classical education.

hey, you know who i love? Lenny Henry. I mean, he's just so sharp. And so original. so so so.... original.

I love that Chris Rock guy too. Replacing good jokes with volume? Now thats funny.

nlgbbbblth said:
Richard Pryor
there was a man who knew how to curse! he must be all gone by now..he was on letterman about 10 years ago and he was fucked with parkinsons.

Ed Byrne is ok. Not great but hardly worth getting wound up about. He can be quite funny on that rte chat programme.
I went to the same school as Tommy Teirnan and was in the same class as Dylan Moran although I havent seen either of them live. Last time I saw or spoke to Dylan was on the bus into town one evening and he was practising his routine for his first ever comedy "gig" in the international. He was shitting it. Jesus, I must go see him someday. Really.

While there are plenty of comedians whom I'd think are funny, I find most stand-up pretty disappointing.

I saw Tommy Tiernan a few years ago, and I was underwhelmed. I laughed a little, but I guess I prefer my laughs in other ways. I also went to see Ardal O'Hanlon a few years ago, and he was awful. And I mean really bad. He was trying to get away from his Dougal McGuire type-casting by telling as many bawdy and tremendously unfunny sex jokes as possible. The audience couldn't shake the image of Dougal, so we all ended up just a bit sickened: instead of a witty and slightly bold act, it just came off as a desperate priest shouting 'cock' on the altar because the parishoners have gone to sleep. I felt bad for him.

That said, David Cross's standup is incredible. I've not seen him do it live, but I have his double-CD, and it's ridiculously funny.

Chris Rock is very funny. So is Frank Carson. And Jackie Mason. And Peter Kay's stand up show in the Bolton Town Hall is very funny.

The world needs laughter - especially during these times of... chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back