Eating a big bag of maltesers at 2am... (1 Viewer)

Chad said:
is that the bite all the chocolate off and let the honeycomb melt on your tounge method as i prefer or am i some sort of bizzare lunatic?

Precisely :D

Nate-Messy-Baby-4.jpg

Bellatrix said:
Really? I love both her and her cookery books (which I read avidly without the remotest intention of actually making anything). I think she comes across as being incredibly warm and positive despite a pretty tragic life.

Yeah, I'm still at the Working Girl stage of feminism. I'm not ready for this Jools Oliver/Anthea Turner/Nigella Lawson triumvirate of domesticity.

Bellatrix said:
Really? I love both her and her cookery books (which I read avidly without the remotest intention of actually making anything).

I can heartily recommend that Keralan fish curry in the Forever Summer book. I've made a few things out of that, all good.

In fact I made a version of that Malteser cake but with the added yumminess of Terry's Chocolate Orange. And some Cadbury's Flakes. I quite like chocolate you see... ;)

helena said:
Yeah, I'm still at the Working Girl stage of feminism. I'm not ready for this Jools Oliver/Anthea Turner/Nigella Lawson triumvirate of domesticity.

Nigella studied at Oxford and worked as a journalist before her cookery programme took off - she's not exactly Stepford Wife material!

Bellatrix said:
Nigella studied at Oxford and worked as a journalist before her cookery programme took off - she's not exactly Stepford Wife material!

I know, but it's the unachievable level of aspirational domesticity that drives me crazy. e.g. her toffee apple recipe. 'You could always be a bad mother go to the supermarket and buy some lollipop sticks to use for these, but I like to go down to my orchard and pick some fresh twigs so that I don't ruin the whole effect'.

I was going to say that I'm a buy-the-stick kind of a gal, but to be fair I'm more likely to eat all the toffee before it gets anywhere near a piece of fruit.

helena said:
I know, but it's the unachievable level of aspirational domesticity that drives me crazy.

I suppose it could be seen that way, although personally it's something I enjoy watching without feeling any need to emulate. Also, it's television and no one wants to be confronted with the realities of, say, my kitchen: "Oh God, it's boiled over, it's EVERYWHERE".

I've seen her in interviews and she seems fairly grounded (frequent bouts of Freudian analysis notwithstanding) and not at all Martha Stewart-esque.

Catwoman said:
I can heartily recommend that Keralan fish curry in the Forever Summer book.

When it comes to actually making something, I'm a big fan of this lady:

smith03.jpg

Her efficient yet soothing tone seems to say:

"It's just paprika, you can DO this."

Bellatrix said:
When it comes to actually making something, I'm a big fan of this lady:

smith03.jpg

Her efficient yet soothing tone seems to say:

"It's just paprika, you can DO this."

I do like some of her recipes, others I find a bit too fussy and finicky.

I like a lot of Jamie Oliver's -v straightforward.

I do like Nigella. She is a woman after my own heart. She did this ridiculous recpie once involving a ham covered in brown sugar and cooked in Coca Cola. I've not tried it, I fear for my teeth. I'm intruiged to know what it's like though!

i've no real idea, but i know there's absolut vanilla in there. and the maltesers bob along on the top. will have to find out and get back to ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back