Dublin versus Offaly (1 Viewer)

Dublin are shit. Tyrone would have walloped them on last weekend's performances.

keep living the dream, ye jackeen clowns.

Oh well, Dublin were definitely vulnerable but sadly Offaly were shit. Didn't win any midfield ball for first 15-20 mins and then when they did a foothold they wasted possession with bad wides or bad decisions. It was really noticable that Dublin were better athletes, bigger, stronger, tougher - that's to be expected when they have such a big pick.

Offaly didn't deserve to win a raffle with that performance, but Dublin's goal was dodgy in the extreme and Offaly hit the crossbar - there's a six point swing and it was a five point margin at the end. That adds up to big trouble for Dublin when they face somebody half decent.

Shit match all round really, two bad teams, should have stayed home and watched the hurling on the telly :rolleyes:

the game wasn't helped any by the atrocious referee
he stripped the game of any flow with 15 minutes of kick off

aye dublin were creaky, all the old bugs looked back to bear on us
and offaly were incredibly poor - at no stage were they threatening

i couldn't have watched this on tv with that prick canning commentating
he knows nothing about the game

and as for the petty remarks bernard flynn made on the sunday game about 'selfish play'...the point of it is bernard, that if the selctors keep swapping the players in and out of postion like they do with dublin you're going to get a dirth of support play.

there's still plenty of talent on the dublin team
and to my mind shane ryan - not henry - was man of the match

dublin will win it because all the other teams are shit

and the nordies and cork and kerry will bury them if they keep putting easy chances wide

bollox to the dodgy goal / crossbar / tight game theory
dublin never even hit second gear

dublin will win it because all the other teams are shit

and the nordies and cork and kerry will bury them if they keep putting easy chances wide

went to the cork limerick game, and even though limerick might as well have not turned up, cork were fuckin atrocious too.cant see them in the shakeup this year

went to the cork limerick game, and even though limerick might as well have not turned up, cork were fuckin atrocious too.cant see them in the shakeup this year

oh well, at least the hurlers of limerick have avoided playing on 6 consecutive weeks which now is the fate of Tipp

happy at that as my mother is from Limerick so they'd be my hurling county

though not happy that limerick will face louth in the football although atleast (and atmost) one of my atrocious counties will be in the second round of the qualifiers

1. I never said it was a tight game, I said there was five points in it at the end, which was a tight margin considering how shit Offaly were and considering Dublin's grand ambitions. Used the goal/crossbar to show how small the margin was...

2. Dublin only has one gear and that's heroin. Eg. Me moh's kids was tuke offer cos she's on da ge-urr so I'm livin with her in da bleedin' flah... buh the council sez oim noh sposed to be dayur, da bleedin' SAPS!... eh... UP DA DUBZ!!!!

3. In the interest of balance: Offaly people enjoy sex with farmyard animals and live near bogs, etc...

4. Bernard Dunne came out at half time. He is the exact height and weight of my leg - fact.

Same ambitions as all other teams competing in the championship.

Wicklow and Waterford compete with the ambition of winning a championship game, just one. Offaly, Kildare, Meath, even Laois, compete with the ambition of getting to and winning a Leinster final. After winning two Leinsters in a row, Dublin's ambition is to win the All Ireland. Kerry players compete with the ambition of winning six or eight All Irelands :)

and who are you backing ?

do you mean me? look at the start of the thread - i put money on offaly to beat dublin at 9-2. looks pretty silly now of course, but i felt dublin were vulnerable.

by the by, i watched the match again yesterday morning on setanta and i think dublin definitely could have gone up another gear or two in fairness. but in saying that offaly never even got into first gear.

and whoever said the ref played a part in it being such a bad match was right - he gave about 12 frees for overcarrying, seemed to take a personal dislike to conal keaney, and then there was the 'goal' of course...:eek:

anyways, this match is old news now. roll on the... *cough*... tommy murphy cup.

i thought i'd never say this but i hope wexford win leinster. won't be putting money on them though.

dublin wont win the sam under caffrey [much as it pains me to say so]
it's terrible to see a team so crippled by lack of vision
first lyons then caffery...you'd swear there was a mole in the leinster camp

the dublin forwards are a load of Big Time Billies, who have premiership sized egos and shoot on sight from ridiculous places. A bit more selflessness and they might go somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back