Dublin this weekend (1 Viewer)

I like art in the "i'm in a city i'm not usually in so I should go to a museum" kind of way. noted.

Jane, if it makes you feel better, I also feel very uneasy in Dublin. What you describe only really happens between the hours of 00.00 and 4 am at the weekends in Cork. The rest of the time people are ok, except for sounding like fuckin seals all the time. "Did you see da hurlin yesterday. We were fuckin robbed boy arrr arrr arrr".

I reckon you should move to Galway, almost everyone is sound in Galway.

Galway is just a big mess of dreadlocks.

Cork was okay, but it got a bit boring after a while. I need a city about the size of Dublin.

I'd love to ignore the cunts, but it's a little hard to pay no mind to someone who is kicking the shit out of me, or when I'm going about my business and I've got two adolescents chasing me and hurling abuse at me. Like, it happens everywhere, but you know, in other places, people actually fucking don't go, 'pay them no mind'. They don't suggest that it's my problem for letting that kind of behaviour get to me, which it fucking does.

Some cities are shit.

Washington DC is shit. Like seriously shit. I fucking tried so hard to like it when I lived in Maryland, and I tried even harder on this last trip, but it's a fucking crappy stupid hole, and now it's a big stupid hole with some seriously fucking facist shit going on. It's got some decent qualities, some pretty neighbourhoods, and some interesting quirks, but I've never before been to a city where people's personalities seem so close to how their resumes must read. None of the positives are enough to make up for how shit it is.

Galway is just a big mess of dreadlocks.

Cork was okay, but it got a bit boring after a while. I need a city about the size of Dublin.

I'd love to ignore the cunts, but it's a little hard to pay no mind to someone who is kicking the shit out of me, or when I'm going about my business and I've got two adolescents chasing me and hurling abuse at me. Like, it happens everywhere, but you know, in other places, people actually fucking don't go, 'pay them no mind'. They don't suggest that it's my problem for letting that kind of behaviour get to me, which it fucking does.

Some cities are shit.

Washington DC is shit. Like seriously shit. I fucking tried so hard to like it when I lived in Maryland, and I tried even harder on this last trip, but it's a fucking crappy stupid hole, and now it's a big stupid hole with some seriously fucking facist shit going on. It's got some decent qualities, some pretty neighbourhoods, and some interesting quirks, but I've never before been to a city where people's personalities seem so close to how their resumes must read. None of the positives are enough to make up for how shit it is.

Detroit is seriously shit.

I just don't know any better

i'm hoping for some shockingly nice cities when I start moving countries.

If I don't find them it's your fault jane

Detroit is seriously shit.

Magicbastarder knows someone who got taken on a Robocop tour of Detroit by the mayor of the city.

Magicbastarder, can you correct the facts in my stolen anecdote here? Did I get that totally wrong? Did I dream that up?

I haven't been to Detroit, but I would be surprised if it was anything but shit.

I gave Mr Jane a little bit of a Wire tour of Baltimore, but only from the train and the car. "Look, on the door of those thousands of vacants, it says, 'If animal is trapped call XXX XXXX'".

i miss cork.

2005-Cork-lee-night.jpg

Magicbastarder knows someone who got taken on a Robocop tour of Detroit by the mayor of the city.

Magicbastarder, can you correct the facts in my stolen anecdote here? Did I get that totally wrong? Did I dream that up?

I haven't been to Detroit, but I would be surprised if it was anything but shit.

I gave Mr Jane a little bit of a Wire tour of Baltimore, but only from the train and the car. "Look, on the door of those thousands of vacants, it says, 'If animal is trapped call XXX XXXX'".

I'd love to do that tour. Boston's projects seem almost quaint by comparison, going by The Wire.

Detroit is all urban decay in a blizzard of coke with the Renaissance (ha!) Centre glassily towering over it like the Omni Corp building.

I don't know Jane, I find I get the panic attacks when I have to fly home. ;) I enjoy coming back. Granted, I loathe the City Centre because it's too packed full of people but I can think of worse places to wake up everyday. Although last night I did have that crazy man in Rathmines scream, "Get out Polish!" to me.

To get back to the original point of this thread, most of the good things about Dublin are really coping mechanisms for dealing with the otherwise hostile undercurrent that runs through the city.

I guess there is an argument there, but its very negative. It'd be something similar to saying 'most of the good things in life are really coping mechanisms for dealing with all the bad things in life'.

Which is something once could certainly argue, but as I say, its a very negative viewpoint.

And just to say, I agree with everything that everyone has already said in this thread. Except for Moods for Moderns. Hes talking through his hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back