Dublin this weekend (1 Viewer)

maims bond

Anything interesting to do on Saturday? Heading to the Analog festival in the evening but want some daytime activity. Shows/museums/exhibitions? Where are the best coin slot arcades these days? Is Guineys still there?

Apparently the 'Urban Beach' is still around in George's Dock in the IFSC.

I hate being back. I went for a run yesterday after I woke up from my nap and I came home in tears. I'd spent 3 1/2 weeks away from the undercurrent of violent hostility and it really hit me like a ton of fucking bricks. Three and a half weeks without so much as a fucking dirty look even when I was running through rough-ish neighbourhoods, and my first day back I get shit thrown at my head, people running at me, screaming in my face, etc.

I hate living in Dublin with whatever is left of my soul. I knew I shouldn't come back. I had the worst panic attack of my entire life just before I got on the plane, and it shocked even me. I was so fucking terrified I can't even explain it.

So if you're looking for something interesting to do, don't bother because some hostile shitforbrains will surely wreck your fun. Why don't you start a fight instead? At least no one can ruin that for you.

booo-erns to Dublin. It is smelly and dirty and full of assholes, but only when its raining. When its sunny, 's not so bad. Can't wait to get out of here though. i'm gonna start a broccoli plantation somewhere nice.

I hate being back. I went for a run yesterday after I woke up from my nap and I came home in tears. I'd spent 3 1/2 weeks away from the undercurrent of violent hostility and it really hit me like a ton of fucking bricks. Three and a half weeks without so much as a fucking dirty look even when I was running through rough-ish neighbourhoods, and my first day back I get shit thrown at my head, people running at me, screaming in my face, etc.

I hate living in Dublin with whatever is left of my soul. I knew I shouldn't come back. I had the worst panic attack of my entire life just before I got on the plane, and it shocked even me. I was so fucking terrified I can't even explain it.

So if you're looking for something interesting to do, don't bother because some hostile shitforbrains will surely wreck your fun. Why don't you start a fight instead? At least no one can ruin that for you.

So if you're looking for something interesting to do, don't bother because some hostile shitforbrains will surely wreck your fun.

Thanks Jane:)

It's all because ders nao facilitiiieeeus!!!

Yeah Dublin is 100% violent hostility, everywhere at every minute of every day. I'd say that's its defining feature.

Yeah Dublin is 100% violent hostility, everywhere at every minute of every day. I'd say that's its defining feature.

It is actually, yeah.

However, it has its plus points. They elude me right at the moment...but they exist! Do a search.

Go to the zoo, it has a red panda. A RED PANDA!

It is actually, yeah.

However, it has its plus points. They elude me right at the moment...but they exist! Do a search.

Go to the zoo, it has a red panda. A RED PANDA!

What seanc said.

It has its good points, but that's not enough.

I didn't invent the hostility, I just find it really difficult to stomach. Some people have elaborate coping mechanisms for dealing with it, other people are so hostile themselves that they think it's normal.

I never want to think it's normal.

Try going to the zoo, yah. Or try going out to Howth and visiting the Radio Museum in the Martello tower, which is the least shitty place in this whole shitty city. Talk to the guy who runs it, who is the awesomest.

Try going to the zoo, yah. Or try going out to Howth and visiting the Radio Museum in the Martello tower, which is the least shitty place in this whole shitty city. Talk to the guy who runs it, who is the awesomest.

That's more like it, Howth would be good. And everyone out there is middle-upper class so no danger of being shat upon. The zoo is out, can't think of a grimmer place to visit. Are you in a bad mood Jane?

I like Dublin too.
It's full of cunts though. There's loads of dickheads in Howth too btw, but you won't have to talk to them.

Sweet mother of Christ, where do you live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back