Dublin Racist Riots (1 Viewer)

3. Policing - the cops are underprepared to deal with this sort of thing, in no small part because they've not had to deal with a consistent element like this since the good friday agreement if not ever. They are also under resourced. In light of this, how dangerous or otherwise dublin city is on a normal night is not entirely directly proportional to how something like this kicks off.
In a way I think it's good that the cops are underprepared for this sort of thing. Having riot police trained up and ready to rock is a waste of public money if you only have a riot every second decade

I’m running to Tesco for snacks, to be on the safe side.
Town has a weird “Purge” feel to it today.

I’m running to Tesco for snacks, to be on the safe side.
Town has a weird “Purge” feel to it today.
Teresa-Mannion.jpg

2. failure to address poverty and exclusion in the north east city center, leading to a group of chancers ready to take the opportunity of wreck the gaff. This is a multigenerational project, that no govt. in the past 40 years has addressed. (@Deadmanposting - would welcome your thoughts on this, as while I lived there for a while, you se
I'm no expert, but I'd agree with all that
Everyone ignores this part of the city til there's a problem
I'd trace the real deterioration back to CPAD and the govt and Gards siding with the dealers
While the rest of Ireland were looking after themselves with jobs for the boys and Ansbacher accounts

I don't know that it's fixable now

I’d say the slagging yer man’s gonna get in work after that will be far far worse than anything he experienced last night.

Good to hear Joe blaming GDPR for all of this. Much insights.
For real
Joe sounded like he was on the cusp of saying the Gards should have guns

Strange days

Firstly - agree 100% with the Love Ulster nonsense never being allowed. It was giving a platform to a shower of bigots, and almost guaranteed to cause trouble.
But... not defending the cops policing of this, but having been at top of o connell st/parnell at the time that kicked off I'd pretty radically disagree with the statement '

There was an attempted sit down on parnell st, which the cops cleared, which led directly to the protestors (or some of them) breaking into the building site, building a barricade from the fencing and breaking paving stones to throw at the cops.

It was when the cops push the riot back to the spire/abbey st junction that the others really joined in in numbers

I've been at a lot of protests before and since, and never seen anything escalate in the way that did.
Re: February 2006.
OK.
Sorry, I stand corrected. I wasn't there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back