Dublin Racist Riots (6 Viewers)

I'd a little look on twitter there to see what the 15 minute city was doing, and anon accounts are showing pictures of Gaza being attacked and saying 'this is why they want you to be in a 15 minute city'.
Then I looked on the actual internet to see where it's being adopted - which includes 4 major cities in Isreal (Tel Aviv is partially already and the quality of life is attracting people there now).

Those twitter conspiracy types never sleep do they.

All around Leinster House is closed today, pedestrian access only. Getting a bus around that area might be a pain.
There’s supposed to be a protest at 2 today but it looks like it’ll be a quiet one.

there kind of has to be another showdown, doesn't there?

until the gards smash those fuckers in the face and throw them in the sea, it seems like the nazis have one up on them.

anyone else getting this sense of a calm before another storm?

I was bracing myself for night 2 on Friday as I expected tensions to still be quite high.

But yeah, hard to imagine that this will be a one off.

was there any sort of 'aftershock' trouble after love ulster? i don't recall if there was or not.
politically, yes, there was lots of finger pointing and questions as to how it could be let happen, and if they were going to let it happen, how they didn't anticipate the trouble. And having it while O'Connell st was still a fucking building site was nuts.

I remember those riots well. I was oblivious to them happening while they were happening and only found out about it the next day when I saw the front of one of the sunday papers.

But there was no follow-on trouble in the days or weeks after. From what I recall on the day, a crowd of rioters broke away from the main pack and legged it up to Leinster house, where there were no cops. The cops had to scramble to get there before them, which they did. The mob were turned back and went on a mini-rampage on Nassau St. I remember the following week seeing the scorch marks from a burned out car that was on its roof outside the French Language place there near the art gallery.

That riot was nothing compared to last week's. And I reckon drugs are the main reason. Those fuckers last week were fearless. Seeing them walk up into a riot cops face, brazen as can be, isn't normal. Not sure what the drug of choice is these days, but any cunt on it needs to go in the sea too.

politically, yes, there was lots of finger pointing and questions as to how it could be let happen, and if they were going to let it happen, how they didn't anticipate the trouble. And having it while O'Connell st was still a fucking building site was nuts.

I remember those riots well. I was oblivious to them happening while they were happening and only found out about it the next day when I saw the front of one of the sunday papers.

But there was no follow-on trouble in the days or weeks after. From what I recall on the day, a crowd of rioters broke away from the main pack and legged it up to Leinster house, where there were no cops. The cops had to scramble to get there before them, which they did. The mob were turned back and went on a mini-rampage on Nassau St. I remember the following week seeing the scorch marks from a burned out car that was on its roof outside the French Language place there near the art gallery.

That riot was nothing compared to last week's
. And I reckon drugs are the main reason. Those fuckers last week were fearless. Seeing them walk up into a riot cops face, brazen as can be, isn't normal. Not sure what the drug of choice is these days, but any cunt on it needs to go in the sea too.

would disagree slightly....
the cops did a better job of containing the love ulster mayhem (despite o 'connell st effectively being an rioters arsenal of paving stones, fencing and tools) - probably because they were prepared for it. But rioting went all pretty much all day, and o connell st was completely trashed.

but agree that thurs has been building for a while....

It's been latched on to in the past few years by the most cynical culture-warrior fuckers and conflated with various conspiracy theories (and deliberately mixed up with traffic restriction / clear air regulations in places like London) in order to scaremonger people into thinking that they will be restricted by law from travelling outside of small zones
WTAF!? Is life not scary enough without people imagining demented sci-fi scenarios and thinking they're real?

WTAF!? Is life not scary enough without people imagining demented sci-fi scenarios and thinking they're real?

People don't like being told what they should do. Especially not by fancy TED Talk fuckers or people on Thumped, with their notions.

Once upon a time people were promised that if they worked hard they'd get a spacious house and a car. That was nonsense some decades ago. Now I guess there's an anger amongst these inner city kids who never had a real chance at that anyway. That's been turned onto the immigrants and the fancy folk with their ideas, because people are just angry. I'm angry, doesn't make me want to set fire to a tram though. Maybe an estate agents.

And for other reasons, they're gurriers.

People don't like being told what they should do. Especially not by fancy TED Talk fuckers or people on Thumped, with their notions.
You quoted my post, but I don't think you're really responding to it. I understand that people are pissed off. I don't understand why that's manifesting as people believing outlandish nonsense

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back