Dublin Bus aint running (1 Viewer)

last year I was driving my kids around knocklyn when a bunch of snowballs hit my windscreen... I turned my car around, found the fuckers hiding behind a fence and showed them the baby in my backseat... and told them they could've killed us all... some of them ran off, one apologized and one started crying...

You guys should stand up to these bastards more...

same kind of thing happened to me on the Luas and when I stood up to the bastards I had a bunch of people thank me... I told them they should've done it... why are adults scared of kids?

I'll never get it...

They're only like 4ft tall and scared of getting in trouble... the other ones, the not scared ones, are easily beatable...

if you can't scare them, hit them... problem solved.

Really though, people should stand up for themselves a bit more..

PAEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds more like he has an aversion to kids

so that makes him a PAEDOPHOBE!

i think

In fairness, the kids on the Luas knocked down an elderly lady for a laugh then threatened to beat up my preggers wife.

And you kidophile Irish natives just quietly watched.

The other kids were throwing ice balls at cars' windscreens.

Both are too much.

So instead of being scared I behaved like an adult.

Fair play to you- you did the right thing

Only dangerabout standing up to skanger kids is that their skanger parents will kill you

ala Eden lake

Yeah, but WTF... I can't let the fear of random violence stop me from protecting my little corner of society and my family.

When I first visited Ireland, over 10 years ago, adults would publicly chastise kids for using their mobiles on the top of the bus. 10 years later adults are scared of kids no matter who gets hurt, etc.

I love the Irish, but deciding to let your kids run amuck is just pathetic. And it's yet another thing you've imported from the inferior Brits.

I'm not for violence, but as the gardi ain't up to the task and Dublin transport won't hire security... Well, stand up for yourselves people.

thing is tho, you' re at a serious disdvantage, you can't hit the cunts cause then you've hit a child and they know this and you will end up getting a lot more hassle. it's a different breed of feral child around these days.

My attitude is that the reason the kids are so feral twofold:

Parents are crap these days and uninvolved to a crazy degree

People in the larger world ignore bad behaviour

So if kids can avoid the coppers they get NO discipline.

It's not genetics and it's mostly our fault.

So fuck it. I'm mad as hell, etc.

:)

i was walking home from work yesterday and walked past numerous gangs of "feral" kids with snowballs (most of them looking like mini n-dubz wackos).

having grown up in dublin I was 100% prepared to get lashed out of it. To my surprise, not only did they all ignore me and all the cars on the road they were only interested in lash each other out of it.

unnerving.

Besides if a little fecker attacks me I'll just hold him At arms length until he calms down. You'd be surprised how quickly the little jerks back down when challenged.

Like I always say about snakes and feral kids, they're more scared of you then you are of them, really. At least until they're in their late teens. Then you can just hit 'em.

:p

i was walking home from work yesterday and walked past numerous gangs of "feral" kids with snowballs (most of them looking like mini n-dubz wackos).

having grown up in dublin I was 100% prepared to get lashed out of it. To my surprise, not only did they all ignore me and all the cars on the road they were only interested in lash each other out of it.

unnerving.

The same thing happened me. I think we're *shudder* getting old.

I would say that the least rndom violence I've ever seen is in Boston, then Dublin, then London and finally Arkansas.

Arkansas was extremely violent when I was growing up. So violent they made documentaries about it.

Boston was extremely well policed and only violence I ever saw was drunken college kids.

And most of them were to rich to sully themselves with violence. That's a joke.

latest from dublin bus:

Thursday 7th January 2010
Dublin Bus are operating a service on all corridors on Thursday 7th January. However there are a number of areas where conditions are still poor and curtailments are in place, these are listed below.
In view of the weather forecast for this evening Dublin Bus would advise that customers travel as early as possible. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will continue to update information throughout the afternoon and evening. Please check back here regularly for further updates or phone our customer service line from 07:00hrs to 19:00hrs on 01-8734222.
Dublin Bus apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Last Updated 14:45

Curtailments currently in place;

3 - terminating at Viscount Pub, Swords Road
7 - from City Centre to Cherrywood not serving Blackrock Village
10/a - not serving O'Devaney Gardens, going up the North Circular Road to park gates then turning left onto Infirmary Road to Conyngham Road and turning at Conyngham Road Garage. From City Centre after Parnell Square West turning right to Dorset Street, left onto North Circular Road, through Phibsboro and back onto normal route.
11/a/b - not serving Wadelai, terminating at DCU
13 - only using main roads, not serving Ikea, Sillogue, Poppintree and Coultry
13a - only using main roads, not serving Poppintree, Shangan and Ikea
14 - no service
14/a - from City Centre to Beaumont Avenue via Dundrum Village, Dundrum Road, left at Milltown Bridge to Dropping Well Pub in both directions and back to normal route.
15 - to Spawell Roundabout only
16 - not serving Beaumont/Santry terminating at Omni and going to Nutgrove Avenue instead of Grange Road
16a - From Dublin Airport not serving Beaumont
17a - not serving Clonshaugh
18 - From Sandymount to Cherry Orchard Hospital

19 - not serving Tolka Estate using Mobhi Road, not serving Benevin Road using Glasnevin Avenue. To the City Centre departing from Kelly's Corner.
19a - not serving Tolka Estate using Mobhi Road, not serving Benevin Road using Glasnevin Avenue. To the City Centre departing from Walkinstown Roundabout, not serving South Circular Road and Georges Street using Clanbrassil Street
20b - using Collins Avenue, onto bypass at Whitehall and turning at flyover onto Swords Road and back onto Collins Avenue.
25 - not serving Dodsboro or Lucan and terminating at Spa Hotel off Lucan bypass
25a - from City Centre to Penny Hill Pub on Outer Ring Road
27 - not serving Coolock/Darndale
27b - not serving Castletimon and Clonshaugh
29a - not serving St. Annes
31/b - to Howth Station only
32/b - not serving Abbey Park
37 - not serving Blackhorse Avenue

38 - not serving Mulhuddart, Ballycoolin
using Castlecurragh Road, serving Castleknock Village but not serving Auburn Avenue in both directions. From City Centre, after Parnell Square West turning right to Dorset Street, left onto North Circular Road, through Phibsboro and back onto normal route.
40/a - from City Centre normal route to Harts Corner, then right at Smurfits onto Mobhi Road, Ballymun Road, left at Glasnevin Avenue to Finglas Village and back to normal route. To City Centre not serving Finglas West, St. Helena's Road and Cardiffsbridge Road using Mellowes Road and Finglas Road.

40d - from City Centre normal route to Harts Corner, then right at Smurfits onto Mobhi Road, Ballymun Road, left at Glasnevin Avenue to Finglas Village and back to normal route, not serving Blanchardstown Corporate Business Park or Ballycoolin Industrial Estate,terminating at shops on main road at Tyrellstown Estate, not entering the Estate. To City Centre not serving Finglas West using Mellowes Road and Finglas Road.

42 - not serving Seabury

42b - via Malahide Road to Blunden Drive not serving Gracefield Road, Harmonstown Road and Tonglegee Road.
44 - from City Centre to Dundrum only

44b - to Blue Church in Kilternan only
45 - to Bray Station only

46a - from City Centre to Dun Laoghaire not serving Stillorgan Village and Monkstown Farm
47 - from Donnybrook to Belarmine Roundabout only
48a - from City Centre to Dundrum only
49 - to Spawell Roundabout only, not serving Knocklyon, Ballycullen or The Square Tallaght
50 - from City Centre to Walkinsotwn Roundabout only
51b/c - from City Centre to Red Cow Naas Road only
53 - not serving East Wall staying on main roads
54a - to Balrothery via Wainsfort Road not using Fortfield Road

56/a - from City Centre to Walkinsotwn Roundabout
59 - no service
63 - from Mountjoy Square to Cornelscourt only
65 - to Spawell Roundabout only
65b - to Spawell Roundabout only
66/b - not serving Lucan
66a - not serving Lucan and Captains Hill, terminating at Louisa Bridge
67/a - not serving Lucan
68 - from City Centre to Red Cow Naas Road only
69 - from City Centre to Red Cow Naas Road only
70 - not serving Littlepace
74 - from Ringsend Garage to Terenure then onto bypass at Temploegue to Balrothery Roundaout where its terminating
74a - no service
75 - from Dun Laoghaire to Spawell Roundabout

76/a/b - no service
77/a - from City Centre to Walkinsotwn Roundabout
78a - from City Centre to Cherry Orchard Hospital only
79/a - not serving Decies Road and Spiddal Park and terminating at Cherry Orchard Hospital

83 - via Glasanaon Road, Griffith Avenue and Mobhi Road, not serving Ballygall

84 - from City Centre serving Bray, Greystones via Church Road, Charlesland and terminating at Eden Gate Roundabout
102 - not serving Seabury and Forest Road
111 - no service
114 - from Kilcross to Blackrock Station
120 - From City Centre after Parnell Square West turning right to Dorset Street, left onto North Circular Road, through Phibsboro and back onto normal route. Also using Fassaugh Avenue to 121 terminus
122 - using Quarry Road and terminating at Halfway House pub, Navan Road. To Drimnagh Road via Crumlin Road not using Mourne Road
123 - to and from Marino via Philipsburgh Avenue to Suir Road, Drimnagh
128- not serving Clongriffin, terminating at Donaghmede Roundabout

145 - to Kilmacanogue not serving Kilarney Lane and Kilbride Lane
140 - from City Centre normal route to Harts Corner, then right at Smurfits onto Mobhi Road, Ballymun Road, left at Glasnevin Avenue to Finglas Village and back to normal route also not serving Ikea, turning at Jamestown Roundabout. To City Centre not serving Finglas West using Mellowes Road and Finglas Road.

150 - to Walkinstown Roundabout

151 - to and from East Road via the Quays not serving local Housing Estates and going up New Nangor Road terminating at Dunawley Roundabout
161 - no service
184 - from Bray Station serving Greystones, Charlesland, N11 to Newtownmountkennedy, not serving Kildepper
185 - no service

220 - to ladyswell not serving Mulhuddart using Castlecurragh Road and not serving Ballycoolin Industrial Estate, Tolka Valley Road and
St. Helenas Road.
238 - using Ballycoolin Road
270 - not serving Littlepace
746 - from City Centre to Dun Laoghaire not serving Stillorgan Village and Monkstown Farm

Replace Curtailments with Fuck Yous and you get the picture.

Seriously though, someone needs to curtail someone's salary until the roads get sorted.

When it's sunny outside there's feckers digging up the road at all hours... a tiny pissing bit of snow and there's not a workman to be seen.

Urg..

Actually, I personally don't care, but my wife was 2.5 hours getting home last night, and that's not right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back