Droppin Bombs supporting Restarts in Belfast (1 Viewer)

Dickie Rock in the Olympia on the 17th or this......I hate when gigs are too close together.

restarts_01.jpg

DickieRock.jpg

dickie will clean up at this now that joe dolan is gone.

man he cleaned up years ago, just finished reading a book about irish showbands and during the 60's they were raking in an incredible amount. By the mid 60's there was about 800 showbands, with the each band earning 200-250 irish punts a week. The average weekly wage back then was 5 punts. So If you have 8 (the usual amount) in a band you're talking about 30quid per member per week. So basically in todays terms that would mean some of the bands were earning the equivalent of 20,000euro plus a week!

I'll stop now

man he cleaned up years ago, just finished reading a book about irish showbands and during the 60's they were raking in an incredible amount. By the mid 60's there was about 800 showbands, with the each band earning 200-250 irish punts a week. The average weekly wage back then was 5 punts. So If you have 8 (the usual amount) in a band you're talking about 30quid per member per week. So basically in todays terms that would mean some of the bands were earning the equivalent of 20,000euro plus a week!

I'll stop now

Ah but now you're forgetting about Dickie's San Fran show band days too. I'd say that earned him a bit more and I believe he's a tight bollox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back