Droppin Bombs supporting Restarts in Belfast (1 Viewer)

Dickie Rock in the Olympia on the 17th or this......I hate when gigs are too close together.

restarts_01.jpg

DickieRock.jpg

dickie will clean up at this now that joe dolan is gone.

man he cleaned up years ago, just finished reading a book about irish showbands and during the 60's they were raking in an incredible amount. By the mid 60's there was about 800 showbands, with the each band earning 200-250 irish punts a week. The average weekly wage back then was 5 punts. So If you have 8 (the usual amount) in a band you're talking about 30quid per member per week. So basically in todays terms that would mean some of the bands were earning the equivalent of 20,000euro plus a week!

I'll stop now

man he cleaned up years ago, just finished reading a book about irish showbands and during the 60's they were raking in an incredible amount. By the mid 60's there was about 800 showbands, with the each band earning 200-250 irish punts a week. The average weekly wage back then was 5 punts. So If you have 8 (the usual amount) in a band you're talking about 30quid per member per week. So basically in todays terms that would mean some of the bands were earning the equivalent of 20,000euro plus a week!

I'll stop now

Ah but now you're forgetting about Dickie's San Fran show band days too. I'd say that earned him a bit more and I believe he's a tight bollox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back