Dont you hate when you call to enquire about a house for rent... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter roxy
  • Start date
  • Replies 101
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 4

roxy

Website
Visit site
and despite the ad having been written in almost perfect English, the guy at the other end doesn't understand what you're saying at all. So annoying coz it's the perfect place for us, location, price and description-wise. GRR.

ME: "Hi..yes...I'm just. Wondering. If you. Have. Viewings. Planned soon? "

"Yes, viewings. Ehh 5 o'clock".

ME: "You mean today? Are you starting open viewings from 5 o'clock? Or is that a private viewing"

"Yes, viewing".

ME: "Ok...em..so, is 5 o'clock the only time or could we do it later perhaps?""

"I be there"

"ME: Ok...em...so we can view it any time this evening?"

"Viewing. I be there"

ME: "Ok...thank you."

*cry*

I'm not ragging on anyone who can't speak English, it's just frustrating that his is the only number on the thing and that ye can't even arrange a viewing properly coz he doesn't have a breeze what you're saying....

Speak%20Cover.jpg

Reminds me of the time my girlfriend was at the hatch at a service station yelling "tampax..no, tam-pax" at the guy inside who hadn't a clue what she was talking about.

yeah, it's pretty frustrating.. but mostly when it's in the service industry. it's not that I get annoyed with the person, but rather their employer. any time I try and order a pizza there's a large possibility that my pizza will arrive at someone else's house covered in meat.

yeah, it's pretty frustrating.. but mostly when it's in the service industry. it's not that I get annoyed with the person, but rather their employer. any time I try and order a pizza there's a large possibility that my pizza will arrive at someone else's house covered in meat.

So I'm wondering what to do with this.....I could try to ring again but I won't get anywhere...do I drag my housemate-to-be in from Rush when there's a risk of the door being closed and no one answering when we get there? Gah

Sounds like you'd be entering a world of pain, if you decided to move into that place.

6 Months Later

You: "Yes - I'm afraid a pipe has burst upstairs and the place is being flooded!"

Same Guy: "Yes, no, yes, no. 5 o'clock. You buy it."

what? did I misread the thread? I thought the problem was the guy was foreign... what did I miss???

oh I'm sorry. I guess you didn't read the bit where I said

I'm not ragging on anyone who can't speak English, it's just frustrating that his is the only number on the thing and that ye can't arrange a viewing properly coz he doesn't have a breeze what you're saying....

In my experience, the idiocy of people who work in “The Property Sector” is evenly spread amongst all genders, colours and creeds. By which I mean, it is almost total.

what race was he?

Yknow, the race that can't communicate in business.

Ah but seriously, Fiachra, let's be honest. You're contributing to this thread not because you give a shite about race-relations but because attempting to make me look like a racist gives you a warm glow in your groin.

The pretence on your part is funny. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back