Do You Actually Like Where You Live?? (1 Viewer)

Bag'o'cans said:
is there some kind of government legislation about reserving rathmines/ranelagh flat No.1s for the crazy woman.

i live in a flat no.1 in ranelagh
great so it is..
night bmxing in town is the best thing ever

Oh him, jesus he is a bollix. I had him thrown off the bus once.

spiritualtramp said:
I've seen an old dude shouting racist stuff at traffic on Dorset Street. Wonder if that is the same person?

spiritualtramp said:
I've seen an old dude shouting racist stuff at traffic on Dorset Street. Wonder if that is the same person?

Does he go on about culchies being worse than the Jews? I've seen that fella in Rathmines.

The fella I used to see on Dorset St was very unintelligible so I couldn't make out if his ramblings were racist or not. He wore a suit, overcoat and trilby hat whatever the weather, and pissed in the street, often in the middle of the pavement.

What happened to that woman who used to dance in the middle of O'Connell St?

Catwoman said:
What happened to that woman who used to dance in the middle of O'Connell St?

she once gave me a copy of a freesheet she wrote. I think I still have it somewhere. In it she talked about how she represented Ireland in some world hairdressing finals in the 50's and some stuff about god.

spiritualtramp said:
she once gave me a copy of a freesheet she wrote. I think I still have it somewhere. In it she talked about how she represented Ireland in some world hairdressing finals in the 50's and some stuff about god.

Aw! I can imagine her being quite chic in her youth. I wonder what went wrong.

When I first saw her from a distance I thought she was quite smart. Up close her cardigan is fastened up wrong and her lipstick's all over her face. And her eyebrows are unruly.

do you live in firhouse so?
aoifed said:
I'm gonna rep the shit out of you whenever the machine lets me again.
wow.

Where I live is super. My address is actually in Tallaght, so on paper I look cool in a knacker chic kind of way, however, the area I grew up in is lovely and full of trees and mountains and lovely neighbours. And it's full of mega famous parents like the Jimmy Cakes and the Coldspoon COnspiracy's. THey don't mind if you knock in and ask for autographs and shit.

Best place I ever lived was Edinburgh though.

Catwoman said:
When I first saw her from a distance I thought she was quite smart. Up close her cardigan is fastened up wrong and her lipstick's all over her face. And her eyebrows are unruly.

that's the way i used to dress when I was 14 and into The Cure.

minus the cardigan, lipstick, unruly eyebrows and liking The Cure.

Someone repped me for being from dunshaughlin and asked me a bunch of questions but left no name.Reveal yourself and I shall answer them.;)

edit: tis ok figured it out

Yup I live in Firhouse. With the Jimmy Cake parents, who hang out with some the Coldspoon Parents. If they get enough sauce into them they wrestle all over the floor of our local trying to establish who's children is in the best band.

I really want to sing my mighty mighty firhouse song but I'm afraid Muertos will dock me or clock me or something.

Ha ha the coldspoons other son posts here so be careful what you say.I love firhouse myself as thats were the majority if my friends are from.In fact I kind half live there with the ammount of time I spend there.I would like to hear your song as would the rest of the firhousians on Thumped im sure.Do you :heart: the Speaker?
aoifed said:
Yup I live in Firhouse. With the Jimmy Cake parents, who hang out with some the Coldspoon Parents. If they get enough sauce into them they wrestle all over the floor of our local trying to establish who's children is in the best band.

I really want to sing my mighty mighty firhouse song but I'm afraid Muertos will dock me or clock me or something.

i lived in a no. 10 in rathmines once
that must be 10 times as bad as living in a no. 1, because i nearly went clinically insane there.

the actual house that i live in is super fantastic. 2 mins walk from the luas. 20 mins walk from town. cuddly if slightly deranged cat. lovely people who seem to know everyone in the world - half the people i bring home go "hang on.. i've been here before!". 3 million books and a recording studio at the end of the garden, which i never use, buh. might not be living there for much longer though. i'll steal all their books whan i leave.

I grew up in New Ross and left there when I was 19. Had its good and bad points but my parents still live there and I still call it 'home'.

Lived in a variety of flats/houses in Dublin from 1991 to 2003. Rathmines, Ranelagh mostly with one-off ventures into Harolds Cross, Goatstown and Donnybrook. Enjoyable, central etc but unaffordable to buy so....

Moved to Newbridge in Nov 2003, got a work transfer to Naas a year later so it's working out well. Not a bad town - but no decent record shops - Dublin is just a train ride away

A friend of mine is from Portlaoise and I went to visit him and we went out for a few beers.That place is fucking scary at night.I'd sooner take my chances on Thomas Street in Dublin any night.
Eoddy Gorilla said:
Oi! Don't diss da bog! :mad:

I live in Portlaoise which surprisingly, has taken a turn for the deadlier in the last few years.

brian/heathons said:
A friend of mine is from Portlaoise and I went to visit him and we went out for a few beers.That place is fucking scary at night.I'd sooner take my chances on Thomas Street in Dublin any night.
Hahaha, very true.
Was in a foreign pizza place in town on Sunday night, some fella stumbled in completely off his face with a friend who was also kinda tipsy. The guy at the counter was taking my order but yer man decided it was his turn to order.

"Slhgh..Here, here, mate, gizza...gizzaaaaaa fushkin'...here, black f'lla, are ya fushkin listnin? Gizzaaaaaaaaaa fushkiiiiiiiin stake n kidneys pizza. Savidge. Slurgh."

I avoid the town at night at all costs though so I don't know all that much about it.

You know someone from Portlaoise? Shit one. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back