Do You Actually Like Where You Live?? (2 Viewers)

Igor said:
my tricolorisation of "cork" in previous post had the unfortunate side effect of rendering it as "cok"; no offence other than the usual was intended...!baggyyyy

freudian slip.......maybe you really want to go to cok

muertos vivientes! said:
IT'S FUCKIN AMAZIN

_40459361_dowie203.jpg

Here, why's Ian Dowie in there? I know he played for them, but surely you could have found something a little closer to home?

Johnny Adair? Patrick Kielty? Sit-ye-ayshun? Unemployed actors out of work since Section 31 was lifted? Ballbags?

i've lived in dublin all my life, and while it pisses me off immensly, i doubt i'll ever leave here.its home. the only other place i'd like to live in is cork. what a wonderfull city, but i'd probably get bored if i lived there too.

Spent the first 19 years in a small town outside cork, hated it less then than i do now. Spent four years in college in kerry. If i ever see the place again it'll be too soon. Spent a few months in cork city, good nightlife but the amount of knacks drove me up the wall, even after having spent four years in what was essentially a giant settled community. Up in galway now, and it's beginning to live up to the reputation as the place ambition goes to die. When i get the cash together i'm going to try canadia for a while.

God i'm hungover.

therecklessone said:
Here, why's Ian Dowie in there? I know he played for them, but surely you could have found something a little closer to home?

Johnny Adair? Patrick Kielty? Sit-ye-ayshun? Unemployed actors out of work since Section 31 was lifted? Ballbags?

it's an ulster thing, you wouldn't understand

Dublin is great for the street comedy - junkies with their non-sensical conversations, lots of folk in gym gear (seriously, where else would you get a fair chunk of the population wearing tracksuits)

It's a kip though. don't really plan on staying here for the longterm.

I like where I live a lot. 10 minute walk to the city centra, but still with a villagey atmosphere (I live in Stoneybatter) lots o services near by (read offies and chinese takeaways and convenience stores), nice and quiet at night. Plus I am in love with my flat.

I'm living with my folks in Templeogue at the moment. As leafy, boring places go it's pretty boring, but with enough leaves to make up for it. Other parts of Dublin I've lived in are Walkinstown and Crumlin, which sure do suck. I'll probably get off my ass and look for a place in Ranelagh, where I work, soon.

kirstie said:
I like where I live a lot. 10 minute walk to the city centra, but still with a villagey atmosphere (I live in Stoneybatter) lots o services near by (read offies and chinese takeaways and convenience stores), nice and quiet at night. Plus I am in love with my flat.

I also live in Stoneybatter, (Im the hansome guy with the nice smell that youve seen around). Theres a bit of a skanger element- loads of them used to hang around our square, we've had our tires slashed and eggs thrown at the house, but what is Dublin without its' inbred trackerknackers?

Now the chief tracksuit( Reebok -2 striper)has been jailed it's gone nice and quiet and is quite pleasant

muertos vivientes! said:

I'm gonna rep the shit out of you whenever the machine lets me again.
wow.

Where I live is super. My address is actually in Tallaght, so on paper I look cool in a knacker chic kind of way, however, the area I grew up in is lovely and full of trees and mountains and lovely neighbours. And it's full of mega famous parents like the Jimmy Cakes and the Coldspoon COnspiracy's. THey don't mind if you knock in and ask for autographs and shit.

Best place I ever lived was Edinburgh though.

FaultyGoods said:
I'm living with my folks in Templeogue at the moment. As leafy, boring places go it's pretty boring, but with enough leaves to make up for it. Other parts of Dublin I've lived in are Walkinstown and Crumlin, which sure do suck. I'll probably get off my ass and look for a place in Ranelagh, where I work, soon.
heh.. now i want to know where you work in ranelagh. there's already one thumped head working approximately 3 minutes from my house.

Well yeah, exactly. I'm not really in Stoneybatter proper, we live at the top of Blackhall Place, but anywhere you live in the inner city you're gonna get that, it comes with the territory. Doesn't bother me, the pros outweigh the cons for sure. I like the friendly alcos littering the streets. I've lived there for over a year and not had divil the bit o trouble. But then we are in behind gates and stuff which may make a difference, but even things like walking home at night I find grand too.

rocktopus said:
Theres a bit of a skanger element- loads of them used to hang around our square, we've had our tires slashed and eggs thrown at the house, but what is Dublin without its' inbred trackerknackers?

Now the chief tracksuit( Reebok -2 striper)has been jailed it's gone nice and quiet and is quite pleasant

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back