Do You Actually Like Where You Live?? (1 Viewer)

kirstie said:
Well yeah, exactly. I'm not really in Stoneybatter proper, we live at the top of Blackhall Place, but anywhere you live in the inner city you're gonna get that, it comes with the territory. Doesn't bother me, the pros outweigh the cons for sure. I like the friendly alcos littering the streets. I've lived there for over a year and not had divil the bit o trouble. But then we are in behind gates and stuff which may make a difference, but even things like walking home at night I find grand too.

all this and the phoenix park is just up the road!, for letting the dog shit in, like

Up Stoneybatter!

haha, I don't have a dog, but if I did I would for sure let it shit in the Phoenix Park, oh yes.

Grangegorman is nice as well, the walk up through it to the North Circular is VG.

I give the batter 8/10. It looses points for the UV lighting in the Glimmer Man and not having any sea frontage.

rocktopus said:
all this and the phoenix park is just up the road!, for letting the dog shit in, like

Up Stoneybatter!

I live in a sprawling residential nothingness whose claim to fame is the big assed 24hour Tesco which casts a shadow over everything withing a 5 mile radius. No really.

The only good things about where I live is

a)it's beside the sea, and although the beach is comically bad (Dollymount), there are other nice beaches quite close by.
b)it's a very quick spin to Howth where you can climb the summit and go "ahhh".
c)it takes my nitelink 10 mins max to get home.
d)it's the gateway to Fingal....ahrmph.
e)and it's 5-10mins from the airport at non rush hour. Handy if last minuteness is in your genes.

So, close to sea, airport, town - i guess that's not to bad then.

No - it's shit.

where i live.

10-15 min walk to work through a park in which people pick up the their dogs poo so it is always clean.

5 min walk to deadly independant cinema/theatre/music venue/bar

3 min walk to local shops for local people - bakery, fruit and veg, newsagent, deli, butcher, wine merchant, coffee shop i.e. beans from the big sacks, cafes, health food shop, general offie. all with individual personality. one of my local shops still does co-op milk with returnable bottles, which is nice.

Used to live in the 'batter, it was a great place to live. Just scummy enough to keep the pricks out. live on Nth Great George's St for a few years which was nice and central, pity about things like the pricks I saw jumping on the roof of our mini at 4am on a saturday though. Live in Navan now, 's grand.

Currently I live in Collon, Co. Louth - funny enough I don't really notice much difference between when I lived in Grand Canal St. in Dublin and here, probably cos really I live in my own little world most of the time

Coolest place I've lived was in Cuffe Lane, just off Stephen's Green. Worst was Coventry

how's your house building project coming along? You lucky divil.

egg_ said:
Currently I live in Collon, Co. Louth - funny enough I don't really notice much difference between when I lived in Grand Canal St. in Dublin and here, probably cos really I live in my own little world most of the time

Coolest place I've lived was in Cuffe Lane, just off Stephen's Green. Worst was Coventry

roxy said:
I live in a sprawling residential nothingness whose claim to fame is the big assed 24hour Tesco which casts a shadow over everything withing a 5 mile radius. No really.

aka the Darndale opera house.

i really dig being able to cycle in to town now that i live in rathmines, especially after my stint in the faceless suburban mess that is Knocklyon (although I did like being beside the mountains) I also like being able to say where I live without people going WHERE????

I really enjoyed doing the small town buzz up in letterkenny for college, nice being able to walk everywhere, but after 4 years it got really clostraphobic (sp?), plus the only thing to do up there is go to the pub...

Wavioli said:
if by freaks you mean really old smelly types that babble to themselves constantly then, yes.

woman with beard on forehead. visions lady. cuuuurazy cowboy. etc.

broken arm said:
woman with beard on forehead. visions lady. cuuuurazy cowboy. etc.

personal fave: guy always dressed in brown screaming at traffic
he actually reminds me of an old crazy version of joss
same clothes

i live on synge st - it's grand. walk everywhere and i dunno if i actually have neighbours but there's only ever wance been a noise complaint and i think that was from the people behind us. fuck those guys anyway - wasn't gonna answer the door to them. they're not the boss of me.
shame that my rent is going up and my landlady thinks she's installing a wardrobe in my room - eh, no - that's where i keep all my shit. clothes go on the floor in all anyways.
andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back