Do single women still exist?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F you too dear.

You clearly didn't put your intelligence to good use if you sat around all day replying to those completely absurd arguments. Anyway, I never singled you out, in fact - you singled me out of the thread and replied to me. Sorry for the humiliation. But you did try and humiliate me.

Uh, no, seeing as it was all a wind-up, you were putting on a fucking persona that was so completely ignorant that it did not warrant the amount of time or respect I gave it.

I singled you out? You brought the fucking subject up, and you complained that people were just taking hte piss. I decided to engage with the argument because I figured you were replying back and were interested in a discussion.

The whole thing was devised by you in order to humiliate whomever would decide to 'fall for' your little joke. And you succeeded.

Seriously, you're really a very nasty human being.

Uh, sorry? You were saying stupid things as if you really believed them. And so because I argued intelligently, you're proud to have made me look stupid?

why did you want to do that? what did I do to deserve to be publicly humiliated?

I wish I could tell you how genuinely disgusted with you I am. But the thing is, the more upset I am, the happier you will be with yourself because for some reason, you think I deserve to be humiliated.

You are vile.

Nope - It's about the intent. I didn't try to humiliate you, I wanted to see how far I could push my argument. I actually tried to make it obvious I was joking - The Griffin, The brain being fully gay..

F you too dear.

You clearly didn't put your intelligence to good use if you sat around all day replying to those completely absurd arguments. Anyway, I never singled you out, in fact - you singled me out of the thread and replied to me. Sorry for the humiliation. But you did try and humiliate me.

Ah, I despise this sort of arch clever clever shit. Well done, your little diversions on thumped are up there with the Sokal Text Affair. Aren't they?

I actually tried to make it obvious I was joking - The Griffin, The brain being fully gay..

but the whole griffin thing was you being taken out of context not you being hilarious

The fact is I really like the Style Council but not when they're supposed to be some big ironic joke.
Jesus, what an analogy i got going on

Uh, no, seeing as it was all a wind-up, you were putting on a fucking persona that was so completely ignorant that it did not warrant the amount of time or respect I gave it.

I singled you out? You brought the fucking subject up, and you complained that people were just taking hte piss. I decided to engage with the argument because I figured you were replying back and were interested in a discussion.

The whole thing was devised by you in order to humiliate whomever would decide to 'fall for' your little joke. And you succeeded.

Seriously, you're really a very nasty human being.

Jesus - get over it! I wasn't attempting any sort of humiliation. Although I can see why you'd think that in your current bitter state. MY answers were the things ppl found funny - not you.

im calling your mothers

400_archivechildren.jpg

Dear Thumped,
I'm so sorry you believed me. Jane, especially, I wish you had spent your day arguing with someone who was sincere and I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.
Stephen.

Nope - It's about the intent. I didn't try to humiliate you, I wanted to see how far I could push my argument. I actually tried to make it obvious I was joking - The Griffin, The brain being fully gay..

In order to push your argument, you needed to have someone who would end up feeling humiliated by giving you the benefit of the doubt by being patronising to anyone who responded to you, and was all done with the assumption that you're the cleverest of them all. Every time I cracked a joke, you pretended you were really upset, which is incredibly manipulative. You accused cephalopod of bullying you. You did the sort of thing that a 14 year old does when he discovers he's a little bit clever.

And you used a forum where people post some ridiculous shite and pass it off as 'fact', so how was I, someone who doesn't know you, meant to know that you were 'pretending'? Do you actually have any understanding of the kinds of arguments people make about sexuality? Because they say shit like you said, and they fucking mean it, and I've heard a hell of a lot worse and a hell of a lot stupider stuff presented as 'fact'.

Dear Thumped,
I'm so sorry you believed me. Jane, especially, I wish you had spent your day arguing with someone who was sincere and I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.
Stephen.

But okay, you knew you weren't being sincere, fuck all others did, maybe if I read what you said deeply rather than forum-skimming I would have found you insincere, but to what point? your arguments are hardly any more ludicrous than shit being posted elsewhere on this site.

I could come on here and argue black and blue about stuff that I'm not sincere about and then with a big hooha at the end of the working day reveal myself as being insincere..ha ha ha..but who would find it funny? It's sad man. It might have been funny if you were some highly regarded authority on somesuch making ludicrous statements on someothersuch and having people taking these seriously without critically analysing them, that might be funny, in how it reveals the danger of taking shit at face value. But when someone appears on a messageboard, making extensive and carefully tailored ludicrous arguments for pleasure, and then gets called up on the ludicrousness of such arguments, where is the comedy when the person is revealed as I dunno..a troll or whatever?..bit of smug self satisfaction for stepheno I guess..a bit of meh, why bother for me.

I actually did think you were a joke, but then when I looked at the amount of posts attributed to you (900+) I thought nah, this guys real, so I apologised for causing you offensive.....godarnit, fooled again...but I'm not really cephalopod either.

In order to push your argument, you needed to have someone who would end up feeling humiliated by giving you the benefit of the doubt by being patronising to anyone who responded to you, and was all done with the assumption that you're the cleverest of them all. Every time I cracked a joke, you pretended you were really upset, which is incredibly manipulative. You accused cephalopod of bullying you. You did the sort of thing that a 14 year old does when he discovers he's a little bit clever.

I'm not as good as debating as you are for sure. It's not about being clever or getting one up on someone. You have to let that go. The motivation was seeing how far I could push the argument. Not because I would be better than anyone, but because I thought it was hillarious to see the things I wrote taken seriously. It actually took you a while to get serious. Before that it was just constant piss taking from you (which is obviously ok, right?)

And you used a forum where people post some ridiculous shite and pass it off as 'fact', so how was I, someone who doesn't know you, meant to know that you were 'pretending'? Do you actually have any understanding of the kinds of arguments people make about sexuality? Because they say shit like you said, and they fucking mean it, and I've heard a hell of a lot worse and a hell of a lot stupider stuff presented as 'fact'.

You weren't meant to know I was pretending. I was as shocked as you are now that it went as far as it did. I've never read anything like that posted here sincerely before, so I didn't know it was believable.

Do you actually have any understanding of the kinds of arguments people make about sexuality? Because they say shit like you said, and they fucking mean it, and I've heard a hell of a lot worse and a hell of a lot stupider stuff presented as 'fact'.

Well yes, exactly, especially on the internet. I fell for it too but was too lazy to argue back.

But okay, you knew you weren't being sincere, fuck all others did, maybe if I read what you said deeply rather than forum-skimming I would have found you insincere, but to what point? your arguments are hardly any more ludicrous than shit being posted elsewhere on this site.

I could come on here and argue black and blue about stuff that I'm not sincere about and then with a big hooha at the end of the working day reveal myself as being insincere..ha ha ha..but who would find it funny? It's sad man. It might have been funny if you were some highly regarded authority on somesuch making ludicrous statements on someothersuch and having people taking these seriously without critically analysing them, that might be funny, in how it reveals the danger of taking shit at face value. But to be Frank if someone appears on a messageboard making extensive and carefully tailored ludicrous arguments for pleasure, and then gets called up on the ludicrousness of such arguments, where is the comedy when the person is revealed as I dunno..a troll or whatever..bit of smug satisfaction for stepheno..a bit of meh, why bother for me.

Seems to me judging by the view count people couldn't get enough of this thread. People seemed to be entertained by the ridiculousness of the posts. You didn't find it funny - grand by me.

I'm sure if you came on here and argued black and blue about something it would be boring as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back