Do single women still exist?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me judging by the view count people couldn't get enough of this thread. People seemed to be entertained by the ridiculousness of the posts. You didn't find it funny - grand by me.

I'm sure if you came on here and argued black and blue about something it would be boring as fuck.

Well I could sit masturbating over Brass Eye DVD's all night and that might inspire me.

Seems to me judging by the view count people couldn't get enough of this thread. People seemed to be entertained by the ridiculousness of the posts. You didn't find it funny - grand by me.

I'm sure if you came on here and argued black and blue about something it would be boring as fuck.
holy fuck, it was a shit joke.

moving on, people.

Years back i ran into a mate of my da's on the way home through clontarf.He dragged me into the family home for dinner, and when we got in his wife was sweeping the garden with a real, live broom.

"Are you still cleaning, or are you just flying somewhere?"

Married forty years. Tellin' yeh.

I have heard a rumour that some single women do still exist, a small colony of them are hiding in company of elves in a collective gee the size of a wizard's sleeve.

They have refused to give a more detailed description of their whereabouts and show no signs of wanting to return to their previous homes.

I thought the main topic was the fancy dress party? it's obviously fantasy/myth themed at this point

I'm pretty offended that everybody ignored my warnings way back on pages 27 through to 30.

Too busy getting heated up in a fake argument.

I'm hurt

I heard a statistic that females out number males 5 to one in Dublin, so either there are loads of single women or the average Dublin man has more than one girl-on-the-go..... if you're not already living in Dublin- now might be a good time to consider moving

I'm pretty offended that everybody ignored my warnings way back on pages 27 through to 30.

I'm hurt

and i was disgusted you were givin him up like that!
thankfully nobody really pays any attention to sense
here and prefer to rattle on and on and on and on...

I'm not as good as debating as you are for sure. It's not about being clever or getting one up on someone. You have to let that go. The motivation was seeing how far I could push the argument. Not because I would be better than anyone, but because I thought it was hillarious to see the things I wrote taken seriously. It actually took you a while to get serious. Before that it was just constant piss taking from you (which is obviously ok, right?)

Yeah, it was constant pisstaking because it was ridiculous,and then you pretended you were serious, so I took it up. I've heard far crazier arguments that people actually believed in, and heard people -- even academics -- argue even nuttier more essentialist, deterministic things before, and meant it. I had an argument with someone who insisted that children could not be considered 'active social agents' because they didn't produce anything economically (which, apart from being completely untrue, was just plain ridiculous). And he meant it. The denial of the existence of bisexuality is incredibly common.

Your posts were taken seriously because when people started making fun of you, you said you were hurt. That's not 'trying to push your argument' that's trying to guilt-trip people into taking you seriously. And once you know someone believes you mean what you say, to keep pushing it *is* to do so with the deliberate intent of actually humiliating the person.

You weren't meant to know I was pretending. I was as shocked as you are now that it went as far as it did. I've never read anything like that posted here sincerely before, so I didn't know it was believable.

Uh, well, have you ever read any of the threads on feminism or abortion?

I'm hurt

I'm just tired. all that reading and nothing to contribute. It stings.

I've never once come across an internet argument(if there is such a thing) about 'delicate' social issues that did'nt degenerate into a pissing contest about debating technique and qualification.

Delaney ,Out.

Yeah, it was constant pisstaking because it was ridiculous,and then you pretended you were serious, so I took it up. I've heard far crazier arguments that people actually believed in, and heard people -- even academics -- argue even nuttier more essentialist, deterministic things before, and meant it. I had an argument with someone who insisted that children could not be considered 'active social agents' because they didn't produce anything economically (which, apart from being completely untrue, was just plain ridiculous). And he meant it. The denial of the existence of bisexuality is incredibly common.

Your posts were taken seriously because when people started making fun of you, you said you were hurt. That's not 'trying to push your argument' that's trying to guilt-trip people into taking you seriously. And once you know someone believes you mean what you say, to keep pushing it *is* to do so with the deliberate intent of actually humiliating the person.

Uh, well, have you ever read any of the threads on feminism or abortion?

Look, stop trying to logic me into admitting something that's not the case. I'm sorry that I inadvertantly humiliated you, but it wasn't the purpose.

No, I've never read an abortion/feminism thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back